THE RICHEST PEOPLE IN AMERICA
- Ten-Figure Action Hero. Peterson-Withorn, Chase // Forbes Asia;Sep2015, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p039
The article focuses on well-known personalities who have benefited financially due to their association with entertainment ventures. Information is given about how people like investor Warren Buffet, businessman-film producer Thomas Tull, and media personality Oprah Winfrey have earned money...
- Bezos on Buffett. Sellers, Patricia // Fortune;11/22/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p220
The article focuses on the lessons learned by Jeff Bezos, founder and chief executive officer of online retailer Amazon.com, from a speech given by businessman Warren Buffett about automakers and aircraft manufacturers that failed. Buffett, in his lecture at a gathering of business leaders in...
- Since When Is Genocide Philanthropic? // Executive Intelligence Review;4/25/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p62
The author comments on the plans of the wealthiest Americans, including Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, David Rockefeller and Warren Buffett, to direct their philanthropic activities in the reduction of Malthusian population. The author mentions that their efforts are considered genocide. Moreover,...
- Billionaires United States. Kroll, Luisa; Goldman, Lea // Forbes Global;3/15/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p76
Presents a list of billionaires in the U.S. included in the 18th annual billionaires ranking list of "Forbes," as of March 2004. William gates III; Warren Buffett; Steven Spielberg; Oprah Winfrey.
- Robert Johnson And Oprah Winfrey Make Forbes' List Of 400 Richest People In America. // Jet;10/22/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 19, p37
Reports that Robert Johnson, the first African American billionaire in the U.S., and Oprah Winfrey have been listed among the 400 richest people in the United States by 'Forbes' magazine.
- A rogue billionaire whose a friend of the little guy. Pizzigati, Sam // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/1/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 5, Special section p23
The article discusses the views of billionaire Warren Buffet on how to manage a business and relates on the reaction of his fellow billionaires concerning the article he wrote in the "New York Times" wherein he suggests imposing higher taxes for rich people.
- What's in Your Closet, Warren Buffett? HIGHTOWER, JIM // Progressive Populist;10/1/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p3
The author comments on the assets of billionaire Warren Buffet including about 80 corporations with over 2,000 subsidiaries and short-line railroads in Iowa and Oregon.
- Oprah Boosts Amazon's Kindle as "Amazing". Dreyfuss, Joel // Red Herring;10/27/2008, p4
This article reports on the guest appearance made by Amazon Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jeff Bezos on talk show host Oprah Winfrey's program to demonstrate and discuss the e-book reader Kindle. Winfrey called the Kindle amazing and talked about how it had changed her life. Members of Winfrey's...
- THE TOP 20. // Forbes Asia;Oct2013, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p48
The article presents information on top 20 richest people of the U.S., as ranked by the journal in 2013. The businesspeople being discussed here include Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison, and Charles Koch. Also mentioned are their current business and financial achievements, and future prospects in...