Secrets of the Self-Made
- United States of America. // Forbes Asia;3/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p66
The article focuses on billionaires in the U.S. in 2008. The country has a total of 469 billionaires, 54 more than year 2007. Among the newcomers are George Steinbrenner, owner of the New York Yankees; Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook, and James Kennedy, chief executive officer (CEO) of Cox...
- High Stakes. Miller, Matthew; Kneale, Klaus; Kuczmarski, James // Forbes Asia;10/15/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p44
The article talks about a poker game played by oilman John Castimatidis, grocery store owner Ronald Burkle, pharmaceuticals distributor Stewart Rahr, resort operator Timothy Blixseth and casino mogul Phillip Ruffin. All of the players are members of The Forbes 400 list of wealthiest Americans,...
- The Entrepreneurial Elites of Latin America. Cardoso, Fernando Henrique // Studies in Comparative International Development;Oct1966, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p148
Examines the entrepreneurial elites in the Latin American region. Information on the entrepreneurial elites during the formative period of the national states; Details on the entrepreneurial elites of rural origin and non-elitist industrial group; Entrepreneurial elites of the trading and...
- POOR LITTLE RICH FOLK. Costello, Brid // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 9, p25
Reports that France's richest business people are getting poorer.
- A rich responsibility. Harper, Ian // BRW;5/19/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p108
Describes people's perceptions of rich business people in Australia. Differences in people's views on rich people from the business sector and those from other sectors of the society; Wealth as an object of scorn; Reasons for the public fascination with the wealthy.
- Dropouts. Gregory, Elizabeth // Forbes Asia;10/15/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p70
A list of the entrepreneurs who were in the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest Americans in 2006, but were unable to make it to the 2007 list is presented which includes Mary Anselmo, William Boyd and David Duffield.
- 26 million millionaires. // BRW;5/23/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p150
Surveys the rich people in the world.
- Continental Resources. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/11/2014, pA02
This article reports that Harold Hamm, chief executive officer (CEO) of petroleum liquids producer Continental Resources, was ordered to pay 995 million U.S. dollars as part of a divorce settlement to his former wife.
- Continental Resources. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/17/2015, pA02
The article reports on the argument of chief executive officer (CEO) Harold Hamm of petroleum liquids producer Continental Resources Inc. regarding the ban on exporting crude oil from the U.S.