Bill Vs. Slim
- How Did the Rich Do? // Econews;Apr/May2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p20
The article presents the richest men in the world which includes Carlos Slim Helu, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett.
- Bill Gates retakes `richest' title. // Hill;5/20/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 59, p18
The article reports that Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp. based in Redmond, Washington, has recaptured the title of being the richest person worldwide from Mexican investor Carlos Slim.
- Bill Gates reclaims title as world's richest person. // Ibex;Apr2014, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that Forbesmagazine has ranked Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates as the world's richest person, reclaiming the top rank from Mexican Telecom owner Carlos Slim Helu.
- Slim's Chance. Coster, Helen // Forbes Asia;3/26/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p70
The article features Carlos Slim HelÃº of Mexico, the industrial titan whose holdings span telecommunications, banking, energy, tobacco and more. In the past year his fortune, now approaching $50 billion, has grown by $19 billion, an increase that eclipses any gain by any other billionaire in...
- The World's Top 20. Bertoni, Steven; Farrell, Andrew; Gell, Erin; Greenberg, Duncan; Obusan, Claire; Pendleton, Devon; Schultz, Keren Blankfeld; Zeppelin, Cristina von; Flannery, Russell; Karmali, Naazneen; Cavdar, Nilgün Balci; Dolan, Kerry A.; Atal, Maha; Bogan, Jesse; Turkey, Forbes; Russia, Forbes; Hawkins, Asher; Mazurin, Nikolai; Kashulinsky, Maxim; Turan, Ozer // Forbes Asia;3/30/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p32
The article offers information on the top 20 billionaires worldwide as of March 2009. It states that the richest man in the world is Bill Gates, although he has already lost 30% of his wealth. It says that the second is Warren Buffet from the U.S., with 37 billion dollars. It adds that Carlos...
- This Brazilian's Promise: To Become the Richest Man on the Planet. // Brazzil Mag;May2011, p1
The article reports that Brazil's billionaire Eike Batista said that he expects to become the world's richest person. Batista, whose net worth was estimated by Forbes magazine at 27 billion dollars, didn't specify when he would vault to the top of the world's-wealthiest list. Currently he is at...
- Gates Loses First Place. // Software Practitioner;May/Jun2008, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p8
This article reports that Bill Gates of Microsoft Corp. loses first place in the Forbes list of the world's richest people in 2008. Gates has fallen to third place after spending 13 years at the top. The reason for this decline is the drop in the price of Microsoft stocks as a result of the...
- The billionaires' club. // Finweek;4/5/2007, p42
The article provides information on the high net worth individuals (HNWIs) in the world, including Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Carlos Slim Helu. In the 2006 Merrill Lynch/Capgemini "World Wealth Report," it says that ultra-HNIWs allocate a greater percentage of their assets to alternative...
- Slim's pickings. Campbell, Ian // New Statesman;7/16/2007, Vol. 136 Issue 4853, p20
This article discusses Mexican businessman Carlos Slim HelÃº, his role as the world's richest man, and how his stature seems to have little bearing on the fate of most Mexicans. The author discusses how Mexico is a vast country and one of the world's largest oil producers, yet about 45% of...