- Wealthy donors support charity income generation. // Charities Management;Early Summer 2010, Issue 72, p10
The article reports on the poll conducted by the Social Investment Consultancy which reveals that high net worth individuals are keen to support charity income generation schemes in third sector organizations in Great Britain.
- Youngest Mega-Millionaires Lead the Charge for Impact Investing. // Millionaire Corner;Sep2012, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p3
The article reports that 34 percent of ultra-wealthy people are aware of the concept of impact investing, which targets social or environmental challenges while generating financial returns, and interested in pursuing it to promote social good and use their wealth in a productive manner. About...
- Developing The Middle For Wealth Prospects. // NonProfit Times;5/1/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the result of a study suggesting that charitable organizations and fundraisers should not focus on finding wealthy people but people who are willing to give.
- Charitable giving options increase for wealthy individuals in N.O. Martin, Steve // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the increase of charitable giving options for wealthy individuals in New Orleans, Louisiana. Establishment of philanthropic legacy; Expected growth of charitable giving.
- Expected, Unfamiliar Names Among S.D.'s Wealthiest. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, pA2
Features some of the wealthiest people in San Diego, California. Names to to the business world and other industries; Donations made by these people to charities; Information about how the list was compiled and how the values were determined.
- Donor motivation research. Pudelek, Jenna // Third Sector;3/5/2013, Issue 743, p6
The article focuses on the findings of research conducted by Pilotlight which cites personal connection to a cause as the main reason rich people donate to charity.
- What Gives? Lacter, Mark // Los Angeles Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p88
The article offers information on rich people of Los Angeles, California and where they give their donations. The author observes that many millionaires and billionaires who donate large sums of money to institutions like the University of California Los Angeles' Westwood Plaza, are not as...
- Buffett: Government is a bad investment. Coupal, Jon // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/21/2006, Issue 323585, p23
The article points out that Warren Buffett's proposal for California taxpayers to donate more to government is demonstrative of the hypocritical attitude of several wealthy and powerful people. While suggesting that the ordinary citizens pay more to government to fund what they claim are worthy...
- (FUNDING TRENDS) = Wealthy=20 Americans Feel Obligated but Cut = Back. // Community Health Funding Week;4/9/2010, p8
The article discusses the survey from PNC Wealth Management wherein wealthy Americans feel obligated to their communities but have cut down their ability to give. It states that Americans of about 1,046 who have at least 500,000 U.S. dollar investable assets that their ability to give to...