Internet in the pharmaceutical industry: Infrastructure issues
- France concerned about Internet drug sales. Dorozynski, Alexander // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/26/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7064, p1033
Reports on the French government's efforts to quell the sale of prescription and illegal drugs through the Internet. Call for the identification of companies involved in the scheme; Common prescription drugs on sale through the Internet.
- Pharma companies step-up Web sales, marketing efforts. // Medical Marketing & Media;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the increased use of the Internet for promotional and marketing activities of pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Diversified applications of online programs; Disease management, virtual detailing, product promotion and physician information.
- Drug chains, manufacturers eye Internet as connection to teen market. Parks, Liz // Drug Store News;12/14/98, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p16
Reports on drugstore chains and manufacturers' use of the Internet as a marketing tool for reaching teenage consumers. Inclusion of store locators on manufacturers' Web sites to help teens find the stores that carry their favorite brands; Bonne Bell's interactive teen promotions; Sassaby's...
- Relevance Matters. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p28
Determines the Internet relevance of online marketing campaign efforts of pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. Implementation of a public relations campaign without an online component; Scope of the online campaigns; Lists of consumer therapeutic segments by market size and Internet relevance.
- The case for Internet marketing. Walsh, Meg // Medical Marketing & Media;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the Internet advertising of drugs in the United States. Expenditures of the pharmaceutical industry in direct-to-consumer (DTC) and Internet advertising; Benefits and return of Internet advertising; Opportunities for DTC advertising on the Internet; Development of Internet...
- Big pharma expands its Internet strategies for sales, marketing; Aventis acquires a service site. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2000, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p22
Reports on major pharmaceutical companies' expansion of their Internet strategies for sales and marketing. Recruitment of top-level executives responsible for the formulation of global electronic business strategy and initiatives; Emergence of Internet communications and marketing programs.
- The high cost of doubting those ROI numbers. Drummy, Bill // Medical Marketing & Media;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p35
The author discusses the uncertainty of pharmaceutical marketers on the return on investment (ROI) numbers for digital consumer marketing and offers suggestions why they should reconsider their doubt.
- 10 Classic Mistakes AND HOW TO AVOID THEM. Drummy, Bill // Pharmaceutical Executive;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p96
Presents the most common mistakes made by online marketing managers in the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. Identification of potential remedies; Promotion of Web sites; Need of companies to improve their listing among unsponsored search engine results.
- Internet Potential Sets Sights Soaring. West, Diane // Pharmaceutical Executive;Apr99, Vol. 19 Issue 4, DTC Times p16
Focuses on the Internet marketing trends in the pharmaceutical industry of the United States. Comment from Meg Walsh, managing director of HealthTech Digital company; Prediction of Internet marketing experts.