Financial indicators of stock price performance
- Great expectations. Badenhausen, Kurt // Financial World;9/16/96, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p32
Discusses the importance of meeting or beating analysts' estimates to stock price performance. Corporate earnings as one of the major determinants of stock price performance; Lack of tolerance of investors for stocks falling short of their expectations; Safety of investment from the right...
- Stock market set for slow recovery. Hildrey, Simon // International Money Marketing;Dec2002, p23
Predicts a slow recovery for British equities. Interest rate and inflation trends; Deciding on which stocks to invest in at a time of low growth; Sectors and companies expected to outperform based on investment advisers' analyses.
- The "Dartboard" Column: Second-Hand Information and Price Pressure. Barber, Brad M.; Loeffler, Douglas // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Jun93, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p273
This study analyzes the effect of second-hand information on the behavior of security prices and volume using analysts' recommendations published in the monthly "Dartboard" column of the Wall Street Journal. For the two days following the publication of the recommendations, average positive...
- Analysts' Heterogeneous Earnings Forecasts and Stock Recommendations. Lustgarten, Steven; Tang, Charles // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p377
We examine the relation between analysts' earnings forecasts and their stock recommendations. We hypothesize that if analysts base their recommendations on their earnings forecasts, recommendations will be more (less) favorable relative to consensus recommendations when analysts' earnings...
- Going Beyond Google. Pethokoukis, James M. // U.S. News & World Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p46
The article discusses investing in technology stocks. Except for a few Internet stocks such as Google, it has been difficult making money in technology stocks. Unless a corporate spending boom materializes in 2006, technology stocks may continue to underperform. The spending plans of large...
- Picking winners. Davis, Lisa // Business North Carolina;Dec93, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p24
Focuses on stocks which a selected panel of investment analysts predict will be gainers in 1994. Choices by: `Dick Austin; John W. Davis III; Craig Dickson; James J. Green; John `Buddy' Howard; Gerry Smith; Stuart F. Vaughn; Frederick J. Whitney; How 1992's stocks fared.
- The shape of things to come~2. Beckman, Bob // Accountancy;Mar1975, Vol. 86 Issue 979, p74
Discusses the use of chart analysis to predict stock prices. Stages of a bear market; Strategy besides price action which analysts use; Distinction between investment academics and chartists; Technical factors to consider in chart analysts; Analysis of volume figures accompanying stock trades.
- What the `little guys' are investing in. Cassidy, Mike // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p27
Features the advice of some Wenatchee, Washington investors regarding the stock market trends in 1997. Best and worst stocks in 1996; Ways of picking stocks; Portfolio performance; Most exciting stocks.
- Why Recent Sell-Offs By LGI Homes, Five Below Turned Out Bullish. SAITO-CHUNG, DAVID // Investors Business Daily;7/14/2016, p1
The article informs that emotions can run high during a market sell-off and institutional demand can turn negative initial action in stocks into a positive reversal.