Increasing returns: A theoretical explanation for the demise of Beta
- Top priority on bottom line. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p3
Contends that risk managers are focusing on business risks as the most significant exposure that would most likely affect company's earnings. Evolution of the concept of enterprise risk management; Effects of decline in customer demand and increase in costs of raw materials on a company's...
- Top environmental risk management consulting specialists. // Business Insurance;6/10/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of environmental risk management consulting specialists based on revenues in the U.S. Total clients of the firms; Professional staff employed; Executives running the businesses.
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER. Vogt, Willie // Farm Industry News;Dec2013, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p28
The article features AgYield, a service that uses information from a variety of sources for better risk management for farmers and bring profit mapping to their desktop.
- EDITORIAL. Subramaniam, Sivam // MiddleEast Insurance Review;May2010, p2
The author reflects on the issues concerning the market status of the insurance industry in the Middle East. The author argues that the industry has been working on some ways to address the problems of low insurance awareness. He suggests that the industry should provide a more detailed pricing...
- Could CLS Have Stopped John Rusnak? Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;3/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p4
Provides information on the reputation for generating profits of John Rusnak company in the U.S. Standardization of automated risk management and settlement for the security industry of the CLS Bank; Composition of various banks in the global industry; Settlement of foreign exchange trials.
- In Brief. // Business Insurance;10/8/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p0001
This section offers insurance industry news briefs as of October 8, 2012. Figures from the Insurance Services Office and the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America show an increase in the net income of U.S. property/casualty insurers in the first half of 2012. The Marsh Risk...
- THE IMPORTANCE OF SYSTEMATIC RISK IN SHARE RETURN OF ACCEPTED COMPANIES TEHRAN SECURITY EXCHANGE (2006-2010). Hortamani, Amir; Usheri, Esmail; Beikzadeh, Saedeh; Jeddi, Kawe // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p320
Relationship between market risk and earnings per share and dividends per share of all views, especially from the perspective of econometrics is of great importance. In this study, first, market risk (systemic risk) in the period 2006-2010 for the 53 companies in Tehran stock exchange has been...
- Economy Rules. // Treasury & Risk;Jun2011, p40
The article presents statistics on the 2011 Enterprise Risk Management Survey topics including major threats to fulfilling business goals, concentrations in modifying the enterprise risk management, and annual income of companies.
- The sustainability driver. Gore, Al // European Business Forum;Autumn2007, Issue 30, p12
The author reflects upon the concept of sustainability, which he considers as a major driver of global economic change within through 2057. He believes that national accounts directly affect companies' abilities to manage risks, sustain advantage and generate profit. He states that companies...