Increasing returns: A theoretical explanation for the demise of Beta
- Top priority on bottom line. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p3
Contends that risk managers are focusing on business risks as the most significant exposure that would most likely affect company's earnings. Evolution of the concept of enterprise risk management; Effects of decline in customer demand and increase in costs of raw materials on a company's...
- Top environmental risk management consulting specialists. // Business Insurance;6/10/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of environmental risk management consulting specialists based on revenues in the U.S. Total clients of the firms; Professional staff employed; Executives running the businesses.
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER. Vogt, Willie // Farm Industry News;Dec2013, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p28
The article features AgYield, a service that uses information from a variety of sources for better risk management for farmers and bring profit mapping to their desktop.
- EDITORIAL. Subramaniam, Sivam // MiddleEast Insurance Review;May2010, p2
The author reflects on the issues concerning the market status of the insurance industry in the Middle East. The author argues that the industry has been working on some ways to address the problems of low insurance awareness. He suggests that the industry should provide a more detailed pricing...
- To Manage a Platform, Think of It as a Micromarket. Haque, Umair // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;4/13/2016, p2
The article recommends leaders to think of market platforms as micromarkets, and discusses how they can manage micromarkets to achieve long-term success, with information on true markets, the importance of prioritizing fairness over short-term profit, and risk management.
- Counter strategic risk with pattern thinking. Morrison, David J.; Mundt, Kevin A. // Directors & Boards;Summer99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p27
Discusses pattern thinking as a system for company strategic risk management, and identification and exploitation of profit opportunities. Sustained growth in shareholder value; Heart of board's responsibilities; Strategy setting; Patterns of strategic change; Reintegration of the value chain;...
- Could CLS Have Stopped John Rusnak? Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;3/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p4
Provides information on the reputation for generating profits of John Rusnak company in the U.S. Standardization of automated risk management and settlement for the security industry of the CLS Bank; Composition of various banks in the global industry; Settlement of foreign exchange trials.
- In Brief. // Business Insurance;10/8/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p0001
This section offers insurance industry news briefs as of October 8, 2012. Figures from the Insurance Services Office and the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America show an increase in the net income of U.S. property/casualty insurers in the first half of 2012. The Marsh Risk...
- THE IMPORTANCE OF SYSTEMATIC RISK IN SHARE RETURN OF ACCEPTED COMPANIES TEHRAN SECURITY EXCHANGE (2006-2010). Hortamani, Amir; Usheri, Esmail; Beikzadeh, Saedeh; Jeddi, Kawe // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p320
Relationship between market risk and earnings per share and dividends per share of all views, especially from the perspective of econometrics is of great importance. In this study, first, market risk (systemic risk) in the period 2006-2010 for the 53 companies in Tehran stock exchange has been...