Making it Personal
- Advocacy tips from a traveling Indian food truck. Zablud, Matthew // Hill;10/21/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 122, p20
The article offers the advice by Indian food truck Fojol Bros. on marketing and its use of Twitter to promote the business.
- VIEWPOINT: HERE TO STAY. Pond, James // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p26
Comments on the value of food service in the corporate culture. Effects of the recession on the industry; Opinion on executives in the importance of food service; Performance of the non-commercial foodservice market.
- It's hard to talk turkey about the past year while we're still stuffing the bird. Irsfeld, Mitch // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p31
Editorial. Focuses on the growth of the foodservice industry in the United States in 2000. Operators' efforts in turning problems into opportunities; Renewal of focus on corporate culture, creation of retention programs.
- Island bistros unite to spice up slow November sales. Clancy, Ambrose // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/20/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 44, p7A
The article reports on the first annual Long Island Restaurant Week in Long Island, New York. The celebration is a spinoff off of Hamptons Restaurant Week" designed to offset early- to mid-November's traditionally static sales. It will run from November 5-12, 2006. More than 60 restaurants will...
- PARADIGMS OF TRANSFORMATION: THE EXAMPLE OF FRENCH FOOD RETAILING IN POLAND. Hurt, Marcus J.; Hurt, Stéphanie // Enterprise in Transition: International Conference Proceedings: ;2003, p1662
The article focuses on the awareness of the paradigm concept in enabling food retailers to understand their employees in Poland. The concept of paradigm has strong links with the idea of corporate culture. The paradigm is influenced by organization strategy formulation and formation. In...
- Barclays sets out plans for an 'emotional future' Barnes, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);2/20/2013, p3
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the bank Barclays PLC, recommending that Barclays adjust its corporate culture and referring to an article contained within the issue that suggests that Barclays should model its strategies after those of the computer company Apple Inc.
- Guess who's coming to dinner. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;7/31/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 31, p47
The article features the popularity of family restaurants to customers in the U.S. Several parents admit that their children love to eat at Friendly's because they cater the children's needs by offering dessert sundaes. Currently, more and more restaurants are launching operational and marketing...
- Northeastern Relaunches Its Food Truck With New Menu. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/15/2012, p2
The article reports on the relaunch of the food truck of Northeastern University Dining Services with an internationally-inspired exterior and a revamped menu.
- EXPERT ADVICE: Scout for raw marketing talent at your local bar and restaurant. Dapper, Steven // Direct Marketing News;Aug2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p57
The author suggests to consider looking at local bars and restaurants in finding raw marketing talents, noting his fascination on the talents showed by its employees including bartenders, waitresses, and hostesses.