Promotions With Pop
- Empty Bowls Bring Bucknell Together. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information on the Empty Bowls 2014 hosted by the dining services team at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, with a mission to fight hunger globally.
- Building Camaraderie. Shalfi, Marissa // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p58
This article focuses on the significance of social events, team building and recognition programs in keeping morale and high retention rates among the staff of university foodservice operations. At the University of California at Riverside, student program director Susan Coffman employs students...
- Retail Details. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p50
The article focuses on the marketing tactics of Helen Wechsler, director of dining services at Boston College. Wechsler speaks about the importance of time-tested marketing tactics as well as those that take a little ingenuity in increasing her business of 22,000 transactions each day. She...
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p18
This article describes the marketing strategies of several foodservice directors in the U.S. At Murray State University, they have been working with the International Student Organization to host an international cuisine night that will coincide with different cultures' holidays. A...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.