East Meets Mex
- Ball State to open renovated dining hall. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p20
Describes the new `food mall' at the Noyer Centre Dining Hall on the Ball State University campus. Installation of a salad bar, soup station and grill station; Homestyle food concept.
- Cafeterias/food service areas. // American School & University;Aug98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p78
Focuses on the design of the Noyer Centre, a food service facility at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. Service areas; Building renovation; Accommodation; Menu options.
- New Dining Hall For Ball State. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p16
The article announces the August 15, 2007 opening of Ball State University's state-of-the-art Woodworth Dining Hall in Muncie, Indiana. John Lewis, Ball State's foodservice director stated that with a modern aesthetic and 100% display cooking, it is one of the best looking marketplaces in the...
- Remarkable Service. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p26
The article features Jon Lewis, director of dining at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. He has improved food service at the university by implementing the Remarkable Service Program which recognizes outstanding employees and empowering them with new meal plans. Lewis increased...
- THE CONVENIENCE FACTOR. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the food takeout service offered by Ball State University in Munice, Indiana to students. Categories of take-out meals; Estimated sales of one of the university's convenience stores annually; Information on the university's scatter-system eatery called The Marketplace.
- Just in Time for the Holidays... // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on University of Georgia Food Services department's creation of a cookbook featuring the best catering recipes of its holiday luncheons. Showcase of the culinary talents of the catering staff at the Athens, Georgia-based university; Price.
- More healthy options. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p90
Talks about the popularity of chicken dishes in universities and colleges in the United States. Information on chicken menus; How chicken is served by caterers; Why chicken remains popular.
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...