Asian Goes Fusion
- Woks, Stir-Fries Set the Pace: Why Asian Is `Hot'. Lydecker, Toni // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p130
Features the Asian dishes served at the Wood City Hospital cafeteria in the United States. Characteristics of Asian dishes; Basic cooking methods for Asian dishes; Student participation in cooking Asian stir-fries at Hamilton College New York, New York; Standard procedures for stir-fry cooking.
- Asian Marketplace. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p42
The article deals with the offering of Asian dishes at non-commercial food service operations in the U.S. Parkhurst Dining Services prepares Asian dishes at its client campuses including Washington & Jefferson College in Washington, Pennsylvania where it offers Korean tacos, sushi and Thai...
- Asian Cuisine in America. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p39
The article focuses on the Asian cuisine that non-commercial foodservice operators offer to their customers. In the University of Notre Dame's South Dining Hall, a Mongolian barbecue range runs seven days a week. At Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, food and beverage manager...
- Mobile Apps Taking Bigger Role in Promoting College Dining. // FoodService Director;8/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the mobile web applications adopted by several universities such as the University of California, Davis and University of Georgia (UGA) to view information regarding their campus dining program.
- Student Chef Wins Spot on Dining Hall Menu. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p12
The article offers brief information on the Green Chef Challenge cooking contest at the University of California at Davis, which is a part of its effort to promote healthy eating to students through a vegetarian dish.
- Sharon Coulson. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;2/27/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p36
The article presents an interview with Sharon Coulson, president of the National Association of College and University Food Services, regarding her job as director of foodservice at the Coffee House at the University of California in Davis. When asked on the programs she's responsible for,...
- Asian Inroads. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p109
Focuses on the inclusion of Oriental dishes to United States college campuses' foodservice menus. Chinese dishes offered at Villanova University; Signs of the emerging acceptance of Oriental dishes; In-house brand introduced by California State University.
- Demographics drive demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p124
Focuses on the growing popularity of Asian dishes in college campuses across the United States. Chinese dishes served at Villanova University in Pennsylvania; Comments from university food service directors; Specialties served at Dakota State University.
- Setting Standards. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p28
Discusses the strategies that foodservice operators must incorporate in their operations according to keynote speakers Chip Madera and Carlton Green. Advice on maximizing employee performance; Profile of Green; Details of how Green improved the performance of the foodservice department at the...