- Sheriffs Carona, Glanz, Appointed to National Advisory Board. // Sheriff;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p34
Reports on the appointment of sheriffs into the National Advisory Board in California. Profile on the appointees; Management functions; Development and improvement of correctional practices and public policies.
- Corrections leads the way in farm-to-table practices. Boss, Donna L. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/26/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p28
The article comments on the efforts by corrections facilities to incorporate food grown from the farms they manage into the meals served to corrections officers, staff and inmates in the U.S. It includes an analysis of various subject matter relevant to the topic, as well as the issues'...
- Career Professional Exudes Dedication to the Field. St. Gerard, Vanessa // Corrections Today;Jun2009, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p34
The article presents a profile of Timothy Albin, focusing on his work in the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office in Oklahoma, where he is chief of the services division. Albin's experience as administrator of the David L. Moss Detention Facility is described, and his work with U.S. Immigration &...
- Corrections Calendar. // Corrections Today;Jun2006, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p17
The article offers information on conferences of several organizations related to corrections in the U.S. from June to October 2006, including National Sheriff's Association, Southern States Correctional Association, and American Probation and Parole Association.
- Corrections Calendar. // Corrections Today;Oct2010, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p10
A calendar of corrections congresses and conventions is presented which includes the annual trainers' conference of the International Association of Correctional Training Personnel, a training conference of the South Carolina Correctional Association and the winter conference of the National...
- Critical Incident Training in Critical Times. Nagle, Kevin; Perroncello, Peter // American Jails;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
The article looks at a training scenario created by the Norfolk County Sheriff's Office in Dedham, Massachusetts in cooperation with the Massachusetts Department of Fire Services District Two Hazardous Materials Response Team. The collaboration was designed to fulfill training requirements for...
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY. Faust, Thomas N. // Sheriff;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p8
Presents the views of Thomas N. Faust, retired sheriff and executive director of the National Sheriffs' Association (NSA) concerning the training and education of sheriffs in criminal justice, corrections and management in Colorado. Details about the program; Collaboration between the NSA and...
- Corrections Calendar. // Corrections Today;Oct2009, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p14
A calendar of events related to the corrections industry is presented which includes the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences 2010 Conference, the National Correctional Industries Association Enterprise 2010 National training Conference and the National Sheriff's Association Annual Conference...
- Canteen Correctional Services inks first national deal with Cornell Corrections. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p20
Reports on Canteen Correctional Services' appointment as provider of cafeteria and commissary services for Cornell Corrections in Houston, Texas. Details of the contract.