The Joy of Music
- CLASSICAL MUSIC. Zuckerman, Alicia // New York;4/18/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p96
Previews various performances of classical music by various musicians in New York City.
- CLASSICAL MUSIC. // New Yorker;8/30/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 24, p23
Features several events concerning classical music in New York City as of August 30, 2004. Concerts; Musicians who took part in the events; Implications on music and the performing arts.
- Death as an inspiration. Kandell, Leslie // American Record Guide;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p34
Evaluates the performances at the Tanglewood's annual Contemporary Music Festival in 1997. Programs at the Tanglewood; Awards given in the festival; Tanglewood's composer-in-residence; Performers in the festival.
- MUSIC. // New Yorker;9/10/90, Vol. 66 Issue 30, p20
Provides information on musical performances in New York City as of September 10, 1990. Inclusion of the New York City Opera's presentation of "Carmen," conducted by Joseph Colaneri; New York Philharmonic's pre-season concert of Igor Stravinsky and Ira Gershwin; Pianist Christopher O'Riley's...
- Talking About Power. Day, Thomas // Canadian Musician;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p61
The author discusses the significance of power in music. The author cites that individuals want more power including bureaucrats, politicians, and musicians and stresses the relevance of power in music in terms of technicality. The author also mentions that he also craves for power and he...
- The Schubert Music Society presented `The Creation.' Abdul, Raoul // New York Amsterdam News;06/18/98, Vol. 89 Issue 25, p24
Presents information on the performance of Franz Joseph Haydn's oratorical `The Creation,' by the Schubert Music Society on June 14, 1998 at the Harlem School of the Arts in New York City, New York. Who the presentation was dedicated to; Initial purpose of the music society; Details on the...
- NIGHT LIFE. // New Yorker;4/25/88, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p8
Provides information on performances by various musicians at nightclubs in New York City as of April 25, 1988. Inclusion of singer-pianist Steve Ross' performances at the Algonquin Hotel; Jonathan Schwartz's performances at the Ballroom; Drummer Max Roach's performances at the Blue Note;...
- MUSIC. // New Yorker;4/25/88, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p18
Provides information on classical music performances in New York City as of April 25, 1988. Inclusion of benefit performances at the Juilliard American Opera Center; Amato Opera's final performances of "The Magic Flute"; Performance by the New York Philharmonic with James DePreist conducting;...
- MUSIC. // New Yorker;6/12/89, Vol. 65 Issue 17, p22
Provides information on musical performances in New York City as of June 12, 1989. Inclusion of pianist Beth Lavin's performance at the Merkin Concert Hall; Canticum Novum Singers and Orchestra's performance of Georg Friderich Handel's oratorio "Samson," with Harold Rosenbaum conducting; Bon...