The Joy of Music
- CLASSICAL MUSIC. Zuckerman, Alicia // New York;4/18/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p96
Previews various performances of classical music by various musicians in New York City.
- MUSIC. // New Yorker;6/12/89, Vol. 65 Issue 17, p22
Provides information on musical performances in New York City as of June 12, 1989. Inclusion of pianist Beth Lavin's performance at the Merkin Concert Hall; Canticum Novum Singers and Orchestra's performance of Georg Friderich Handel's oratorio "Samson," with Harold Rosenbaum conducting; Bon...
- MUSIC. // New Yorker;2/19/90, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p20
Provides information on musical performances in New York City as of February 19, 1990. Inclusion of the Metropolitan Opera's performance of "Il Trovatore," with Susan Dunn, conducted by Rico Saccani; New York Philharmonic's performance with Erich Leinsdorf conducting; Ruth Laredo's piano...
- CLASSICAL MUSIC. // New Yorker;8/30/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 24, p23
Features several events concerning classical music in New York City as of August 30, 2004. Concerts; Musicians who took part in the events; Implications on music and the performing arts.
- Death as an inspiration. Kandell, Leslie // American Record Guide;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p34
Evaluates the performances at the Tanglewood's annual Contemporary Music Festival in 1997. Programs at the Tanglewood; Awards given in the festival; Tanglewood's composer-in-residence; Performers in the festival.
- MUSIC. // New Yorker;7/17/89, Vol. 65 Issue 22, p14
Provides information on musical performances in New York City as of July 17, 1989. Inclusion of the New York City Opera's performance of "Madame Butterfly"; Performance of the Camerata KÃ¶ln, an original-instruments chamber group; New Order's concert; All-Star Jazz Orchestra's tribute to Duke...
- NIGHT LIFE. // New Yorker;9/18/89, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p8
Presents several nightly events and venues in New York City, as of September 18, 1989. Nancy Griffith and her Blue Moon Orchestra's performance at the Bottom Line; Vocal trio, Montgomery Plant & Stritch at the Algonquin Hotel; Mabel Godwin's jazz performance at the Arthur's Tavern; Ballroom...
- MUSIC. // New Yorker;9/18/89, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p21
Presents several musical events in New York City, as of September 18, 1989. Grand finale to a five-concert series called "Voices of Change" at the Merkin Concert Hall; "Il Barbiere di Siviglia" by the New York City Opera; Opening-night benefit performance of works by Wagner, Mahler and Mozart,...
- Music in the Mountains. Porter, Andrew // New Yorker;9/18/89, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p125
Features several summer music events in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Judith Weir's "A Night at the Chinese Opera," a modern music drama; Sheri Greebnawald's portrayal of the heroine in "La Traviata"; "Der Rosenkavalier"; Massenet's "Cherubin"; Cavalli-Leppard's "Calisto".