Haights Cross Forms Educational Division Following Acquisitions
- Haights Cross' Capital Structure, Board Reconstituted. // Educational Marketer;7/23/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p4
The article reports that Haights Cross Communications Inc., which is based in White Plains, New York has reached a recapitalization agreement in June 2007. As a result, the management of the company turns to a group of investors that has sued the firm earlier seeking financial information and a...
- Haights Cross Seeks to Restructure Debt. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the debt-for-stock swap which was scheduled on July 6, 2009 by library and K-12 supplemental publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. in the U.S. It states that Haights Cross aims to restructure its debt loan to a more manageable position. It highlights the debt of the...
- Haights Cross Restructures Test Prep/Intervention Operations. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p4
The article reports that Haights Cross Communications Inc. has implemented a restructuring measure in its test prep and intervention business at Triumph Learning LLC. It notes that Haight's chief executive officer (CEO) Paul Crecca expects that the impact of school budgets would be felt by the...
- Haights Cross Extends Exchange Offer. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/13/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p4
The article focuses on the decision of Haights Cross Communications to extend the deadline for its exchange offer to July 13, 2009 from July 6. It is noted that 74 percent of the affected notes have been tendered, short of the 95 percent needed by the White Plains, New York-based educational...
- Haights Cross to File Prepack Bankruptcy. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the plan of Haights Cross to file for Chapter 11 protection after bondholders supported its prepackaged reorganization. The educational publisher says that the reorganization plan will reduce its debt by 200 million dollars and extend the maturity by three years from its...
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/9/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p8
Assesses the growth of revenue by K-12 and professional publisher Haights Cross for the year 2002 in the U.S. Development of library businesses; Production of test-preparatory series by the publisher; Comparison of the sales between Newbridge Educational Publishing and Triumph Learning.
- Haights Cross Leverages Test Prep Publisher EDI Into Skillspower.com. // Electronic Education Report;08/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p6
Reports that educational and professional publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. has launched a business, called Skillspower.com to provide test preparation materials through the Internet, CD-ROM and in-service training.
- Partnerships and Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p7
Presents an update on partnerships and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the United States as of November 5, 2001, which include the licensing agreement between Haights Cross Communications and Simon & Schuster.
- Test Prep Helps Power Haights Cross In 2001. // Educational Marketer;4/10/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the growth of the 2001 revenues of K-12 supplemental and professional publisher Haights Cross.