Advantage Learning Announces Earnings Decline, Repurchase Plan
- ALS Tops Profitability Index In 1999; Losses Hold Back Internet Start-Ups. // Electronic Education Report;08/16/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p5
Reports on Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin-based educational software and online publisher Advantage Learning Systems Inc.'s earnings for the 1999.
- Advantage Learning Systems Reports Strong Third Quarter Sales, Income. // Educational Marketer;11/15/99, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the strong third quarter financial results posted by Advantage Learning Systems Inc. that included a rise in revenue and gain in net income in 1999.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;06/05/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p10
Discusses the financial status of Advantage Learning Systems company and WRC Media company for the first quarter of 2000.
- Advantage Learning Systems reports 60.9% increase in revenues for 1997. // Electronic Education Report;3/11/98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p10
Reports on Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin-based Advantage Learning Systems's growth in product sales. Continued success of the company's flagship product called Accelerated Reader as major contributor to the sales growth; Growth of product development costs in 1997.
- Advantage Learning was most profitable educational software publisher in 1997. // Electronic Education Report;03/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p4
Cites a report showing that Advantage Learning Systems is the most profitable educational software publisher in 1997. Increase in product sales; Licensing deals and contracts inked by company; Financial performance of other software publishers.
- Contest entries explain recognition programs. // T H E Journal;Feb94, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p22
Reports that five schools were chosen as winners of the 1993 Accelerated Reader Essay contest sponsored by Advantage Learning Systems, Inc. in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Description of implementation of The Accelerated Reader computerized reading management program.
- Free kit promotes family reading. // T H E Journal;Jan97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p18
Reports on Advantage Learning System's introduction of its `Family Reading Night Kit' authored by Judi Paul. Purpose of the kit; Contents of the kit; Contact information.
- Advantage learning systems raises $51.5 million in initial... // Electronic Education Report;10/08/97, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p5
Reports that testing software publisher Advantage Learning Systems raised a total of 51.5 million in a September public offering. Company's plan for the proceeds.
- Advantage Learning names head of Institute for Academic Excellence. // Electronic Education Report;1/14/98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p4
Reports on Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin-based Advantage Learning Systems' appointment of Stuart Udell as president of its Institute for Academic Excellence. Plans to expand the company's training unit under Udell; Udell's duties and responsibilities; Popularity of Advantage Learning's flagship...