- Most-read stories on ICIS news. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/28/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 23, p8
The article presents a list of various reports published in the journal including one on demand for phenol, another on the U.S. refining and petrochemical industries, and yet another on yet another on an agreement of Dow Chemical Co.
- Untitled. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/9/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses the periodical ICIS Chemical Business, which will debut in July, 2007. A central feature of the publication will be articles that provide in-depth analysis of developments in the chemical industry. The inaugural issue will focus on how the industry is being affected by...
- Rising Public Concerns Cast A Pall Over Nanotechnology. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/11/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the issues impeding the advancement of nanotechnology manufacturing worldwide. Rise in the concerns about the health and environmental risk of nano-scale products; Response of Greenpeace International to the release of nanoparticles in commercial products; Prevalence of chemical...
- FORMALDEHYDE. // Chemical Week;5/10/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 19, p44
Looks at the prices of formaldehyde chemical in different countries. Price increase of the chemical in the United States; Projected growth of the United States demand for the chemical; Production capacities of different countries to produce the chemical.
- Higher-End Melamine-Formaldehyde Resins Follow Industry Trends. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p20
Reveals that the market for higher-end melamine-formaldehyde amino cross-linking resins has been under pressure because of the run-up in natural gas costs, which has raised the costs of methanol, formaldehyde and melamine.
- FROM THE GROUND UP. Gardner, Den // Agri Marketing;Sep2002, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p42
Reports that CropLife America, the lobbying association of agricultural chemical producers in the United States, has come up with a public relations (PR) campaign to educate member-companies' employees. Need to get the word out on the industry's safety record; Survey of what employees in the...
- Responsible Care. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;7/1/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 18, p3
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses articles contained within the issue on topics such as the Responsible Care environment, health, and safety program for the chemical industry, the American Chemistry Council, and chemical product safety.
- Chemical industry Adopts Safety Info Measures. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/27/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 4, p5
Reports that member companies of the American Chemistry Council have adopted mandatory measures designed to improve the industry's performance and make information available on its product safety efforts. Requirement of members to have a documented process for describing and managing...
- Paving the way with CAER. Begley, Ronald // Chemical Week;7/7/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p38
Reports on the difficulty of implementing product stewardship in Responsible Care. Difficulty in defining objectives; Need for firm measurements; Focus on training employees for product stewardship; Communication to customer of the need to reduce employee exposure levels; Improvement of...