Crude reaches new highs
- Ethylene Glycol Prices See $100 Increase. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;8/9/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the increase in global prices for ethylene glycol. Increase in demand for the chemical in China and the United States; Other factors driving the price increase; Lack of new capacity for ethylene glycol production.
- DEG and TEG Prices Surge. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/9/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the increase in prices of diethylene glycol (DEG) and triethylene glycol (TEG), co-products of ethylene glycol. Increase in price of ethylene glycol; Impact of growing demand and tight supply situation.
- Record high for MEG spot? Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 388, p27
Speculates the possibility of a price increase for monoethylene glycol (MEG) in Asia in 2003. Factors contributing to the price increase; Problems facing several MEG producers; Concerns expressed by industry officials.
- European MEG goes on the up. Weddle, Nel; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p31
The article reports that monoethylene glycol (MEG) bulk spot prices increased in Europe in the wake of higher March 2007 contract settlement and firming spot levels in Asia. Prices moved above â‚¬600/tonne cost, insurance, freight (CIF) northwest Europe (NWE) at the start of March 2007 as...
- Asia MEG poised for price hikes. Zhang, Becky // ICIS Chemical Business;1/20/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the expected price increases for Asia's monoethylene glycol (MEG) in 2014, following the limited addition of supply and continued demand growth from downstream polyester fibre and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) sectors. Topics include the credit restrictions being...
- Commodities in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p21
Reports developments related to chemical industry in the U.S. Rise in benzene prices as crude oil price increase due to potential aftermath of Hurricane Rita; Building of several ethanol plants and two major expansions; Increase in Asian contract prices by three major producers of ethylene glycol.
- Operating Problems Fuel Surge in EG Prices. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 37, p28
The article reports on an increase in ethylene glycol (EG) prices. EG prices have climbed substantially since August 2007, with fiber-grade contracts gaining 43 percent, and antifreeze-grade spot gaining 77 percent. Dow Chemical declared force majeure for monoethylene glycol (MEG) and diethylene...
- DMT market set to tighten. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2088, p14
Presents an update on the market performance of the chemical industry as of February 23-29, 2004. Reason behind the decision of European acrylonitrile producers to raise contract prices; Increase in the price contracts of propylene in the first quarter of the year; Rise in the monthly contracts...
- MEG moves up again. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;8/1/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2158, p12
Reports on the increase in prices of mono ethylene glycol (MEG) as of August 2005. Factors that contribute to the price increase in Europe; Contract price of MEG in Asia.