- COMMERCIALIZING CELLULOSIC ETHANOL. Greer, Diane // BioCycle;Nov2008, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p47
This article discusses the development of refineries intended to develop ethanol biofuels for commercial use. Support for these industrial projects from the U.S. Dept of Energy (DOE) under the 2007 Energy Independence and Security Act is assessed. The administration of grants to Range Fuels Inc....
- China Backs Advanced Biofuel Producer That DOE Rejected. Zeman, Nicholas // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/12/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 17, p20
The article reports that electric utility company China Huadian Engineering Co. Ltd. has agreed to fund U.S. cellulosic ethanol producer BlueFire Ethanol, following BlueFire's failure to win a loan guarantee from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to build an advanced biofuels plant. Topics...
- DOE Increases Funding for Bio Feedstocks R&D. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;3/22/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p48
Reports that the United States Department of Energy (DOE) is increasing funding for a voluntary chemicals research and development (R&D) partnership under its Industries of the Future program. Aim of the program; Total increase in DOE budget for bio feedstocks program; Remarks from Doug...
- Federal R&D effort to target chemicals. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;08/11/97, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the Energy Department's plans to grant $4 million by February 1998 to research and development projects that seek to improve the United States chemical industry's competitiveness.
- DOE research. // Chemical Week;9/18/96, Vol. 158 Issue 35, p50
Reports on the US Department of Energy's sponsorship of an estimated $19.3 billion in chemical industry-related research in fiscal 1996.
- METALS PROCESSING INDUSTRY TRAINING PROGRAM. // Forging;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p13
Reports that the Industrial Technology Program of the U.S. Department of Energy has funded a project at Stark State College of Technology in Canton, Ohio. Aim of the project; Target schedule for the completion of the project; Project partners.
- DOE Extends Application Deadline For Loan Guarantees. // Energy Daily;8/24/2010, Issue 161, p6
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to extend the deadline of application for a loan guarantee under two of the agency's loan guarantee programs by developers of energy efficiency, renewable energy and advanced transmission and distribution technologies.
- New DOE program funds R&D. // R&D Magazine;Jan94, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the Department of Energy's (DOE) Small Business Technology Transfer Program. Funding of joint research between small businesses and DOE laboratories or universities; Contact information.
- Austin to Receive $10 Million to Expand Efficiency Programs. // Transmission & Distribution World;May2010, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has awarded the city of Austin, Texas with 10 million dollars in federal stimulus funding to develop and implement financing opportunities that will allow residential and commercial property owners make energy-efficiency improvements...