- JG Summit Takes Control of Petchem Unit. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;11/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 36, p14
The article reports on the move by JG Summit Holdings of Pasig, Philippines to increase its stake in JG Summit Petrochemical Corp. (JGSPC) of Mandaluyong, Philippines. JG Summit increased its stake in JGSPC to 100% by acquiring the 17.7% stake of Marubeni. JG Summit decided to consolidate its...
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;4/22/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p24
Presents information on chemical industry in Asia. Hiring of Henry Schroeders as financial adviser of Bataan Olefin and Polymer Company investors; Information on the plant built by Rohm and Haas Company; Costs of the petrochemicals complex started by JG Summit Petrochemical Corporation and...
- The Philippines' first chemical plant opens. // Plastics News;6/8/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p15
Focuses on JG Summit Petrochemical Corporation of Batangas, Philippines which is a joint venture of Gokongwei Group of Makati, Philippines and Marubeni Corporation of Tokyo. Predictions for polyethylene performance of the company; When the company began commerical operations; Reference to a...
- Joint venture planning facility to make ethylene in Philippines. // Plastics News;9/2/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p15
Reports J.G. Summit Petrochemical Corp.'s formation of a joint venture with Marubeni Corp. and Showa Denko KK to put up an ethylene plant at Pinamucan, Batangas City in the Philippines. Estimated cost of the plant; Incentives granted to the project by the Philippine Board of Investment.
- Cracker: Scepticism despite progress. // Asian Chemical News;6/6/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 493, p21
Reports on the skepticism over JG Summit Petrochemical cracker project in Batangas, Philippines as of June 2005. Reason behind the skepticism; Purpose of the project; Opinion of Wilfredo Paras, executive vice-president of JG Summit, on the cracker project.
- JG Summit cracker plan gets approval. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/5/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 22, p26
Reports on the Philippine Board of Investments' approval of JG Summit's petrochemical complex in the province of Batangas. Company's license agreement with Union Carbide to use Unipol process technology; Other petrochemicals developments in the Philippines.
- Himont in deal to supply PP technology to the Philippines. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/22/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 24, p20
Reports on Himont Inc.'s reaching of a preliminary agreement to supply technology for what could be the Philippines' first polyolefins plants, to be built by J.G. Summit Petrochemical. Raw materials to be supplied by Himont; Plant location; Capacity; Financial incentives offered by the...
- Asia in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/24/98, Vol. 254 Issue 8, p37
Reports on news briefs about the chemical industry in Asia as of August 24, 1998. Plan by JG Summit to sell stake in JG Summit Petrochemical; Losses by Indian Petrochemical Co. Ltd. for first quarter of 1998.
- JG hopes to break ground mid-05. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;10/11/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 464, p21
States that JG Summit Petrochemical Corp. is expecting to commence its cracker project in Batangas City, Philippines by mid-2005. Decision of the company to cease the operations of its polyethylene plant; Move of the Philippine National Oil Co. to find contractors for a cracker project in the...