Diallo change of venue enrage black dems
- Elected leaders join in outrage at the shooting death of Amadou Diallo. // New York Amsterdam News;02/11/99, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p3
Reports that several political leaders joined Manhattan Borough President Virginia Fields to express outrage and sadness at the shooting of immigrant Amadou Diallo in the hands of police officers in New York City. Officials' visit to Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to change the culture of the New York...
- The War on the War on Crime. Puddington, Arch // Commentary;May99, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p25
Deals with the shooting of Amadou Diallo from the African country of New Guinea, by New York City Police officers. Reason behind the killing; Results of the investigation on the case; Criticism on the move of the police officers; Implication of the killing.
- DIALLO: A CASE OF RACIAL MYTHOLOGY. Lewis, Ida E. // New Crisis (15591603);Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p7
Comments on the killing of Amadou Diallo by four New York City policemen in February 2000. Racism embedded in police departments across the United States; Efforts of the New York City government to improve its relationship with Afro-Americans and other non white communities.
- For police, a steadier eye on race relations. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;2/22/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 62, p1
Focuses on racial profiling by police in the United States, in light of the murder of an unarmed African immigrant, Amadou Diallo, by police in New York City.
- Out of the blue. Hansen, Mark // ABA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p50
Questions the self-proclaimed abilities of forensic dentist Micvael H. West. Number of cases West appeared in; Criticism of West; Comments from West. INSET: Real science..
- Why we cannot appeal. Johnson, Robert T. // New York Amsterdam News;12/23/99, Vol. 90 Issue 52, p12
Comments on the Appellate Division's ruling that moved to Albany, New York, the trial of police officers charged with the murder of Amadou Diallo. Reasons why the decision cannot be appealed; Controversy stirred by the decision.
- N.Y. courts are `infested with racism'. Maddox Jr., Alton H. // New York Amsterdam News;12/23/99, Vol. 90 Issue 52, p13
Comments on a New York appellate court's ruling that moved the trial of police officers charged with the murder of Amadou Diallo to Albany, New York. Racism in the legal system of New York; Constitutional rights of New York, New York, residents to participate jury trials.
- Diallo slaying addressed at caucus. // New York Amsterdam News;02/1899, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p4
Reports that the brutal slaying of African immigrant Amadou Diallo by four New York City cops was addressed at the 1999 Black, Puerto Rican and Latino Legislative Weekend. Senator Alton R. Waldon Jr.'s condemnation of the act of brutality committed against Diallo; Call for an investigation of...
- The death of Amadou Diallo. Williams, Armstrong // New York Amsterdam News;02/1899, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p8
Condemns the killing of African immigrant Amadou Diallo by four white New York City police officers. Officers' search for a rape suspect; Criticism of the methods used by the officers in questioning Diallo; Public outcry over the racial overtones of the shooting; Pervasion of a culture of...