Supply is central to talks
- PVC China selling ideas rise after import duties are imposed. // Asian Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 402, p31
Reports that polyvinyl chloride (PVC) selling ideas in China rose in May 2003. Reason behind the rise; Impact of the severe acute respiratory syndrome on PVC industry; Clarification from Chinese PVC producers about operating rates.
- Producers expect strong Q1 for PVC. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 385, p27
Reports on the strong 2003 first quarter for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) prices projected by producers in Asia. Expected increase in PVC prices; Reason that Japanese producers and traders dismissed skepticism over whether the buoyancy could be sustained in a longer term; Top Asian countries that...
- Sixth PVC conference meets in Amsterdam. Creswell, Sarah // ICIS Chemical Business;10/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 39, p42
The article provides information on the 6th Global PVC conference in Amsterdam in the Netherlands. The event will take place on 13 and 14 November at The Grand Hotel in Amsterdam. Chaired by Mike Smith of LVM, part of Belgium's Tessenderlo group, the meeting will cover key issues in the vinyls...
- PRII revives PVC project in Bataan. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 434, p21
Reports on the plan of the Philippines Resins Industries Inc. to revive a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plant in Bataan, Philippines in February 2004. Capacity of the plant; Reason for the delay in the redevelopment of the plant; Source of vinyl chloride monomer feedstock for the PVC plant.
- Debate over PVC suitability unfolds. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p28
Provides information on the findings of a European Commission report on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) lifecycle assessment. Reaction of the European PVC industry to the report; Complexity of the findings; Highlights of the report.
- Polyvinyl chloride. Kirschner, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/11/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 9, p37
The article assesses the market for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) products. An overview of the demand for polyvinyl from 2004 to 2009 is considered. The prices for the products for the 2000-2005 period are highlighted. The usages of PVC homopolymers are described. A forecast on the growth of the...
- Ethylene Dichloride. Kirschner, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p47
The article offers a look at the state of the ethylene dichloride market as of September 2006. A 2.8 percent growth is expected per year through 2009. The current price of ethylene dichloride is 12.5 to 13 cents per pound. Consumption of ethylene dichloride is expected to remain dependent upon...
- Downstream Report: PVC producers seek increases. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p20
Reports that polyvinyl chloride producers are dealing with raw material price increases in the U.S. Consideration of high energy costs as the main factor of such price increase; Announcement of an increase of polyvinyl chloride in September; Indication that demand has picked up significantly as...
- PVC prices steady in the US but rising elsewhere. Lerner, Ivan; Taylor, Judith; Burns, Stephen; Wilson, Stephanie; George, Libby; Cheong, Aaron // ICIS Chemical Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses how polyvinyl chloride (PVC) prices are constant in the U.S. which have been increasing in other countries. It informs that the rich source of natural gas in the U.S. which result in cheap ethylene helps in maintaining the prices of PVC. It mentions that chlorine and...