- news In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/17/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 7, p4
Reports developments in the chemical industry as of February 2003. Joint venture between the Premium Ingredients Ltd. and Tianjin Zhonggjin USA LLC; Formation of Cotton State company by Monsanto company; Acquisition of Sun Chemical Corp. by Ciba Specialty Chemicals company.
- World Scene. Raman, Radha // Chemical Business;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p70
Presents news briefs about the chemical industry from around the world as of September 1999. Agreement between Albemarie company and Beijing Yanhua Petrochemical Co. to form a fine chemicals joint venture in China; Acquisition of Dongsung Chemical Industrial company by Akzo Nobel subsidiary Eka...
- Window on financial developments. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p42
Presents information on the financial conditions of chemical companies in India as of March 2001. Sales turnover of Reliance Petroleum Ltd. during April-December 2000; Acquisition plans of Henkel Spic India; Withdrawal of Oman Oil Co. from its joint venture with Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
- COMPANY NEWS. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/09/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 15, p3
Covers news briefs on the chemical industry in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Definitive agreement of Color Resolutions International to acquire Borden Chemical Inc.; Acquisition of the majority interest in Fertiza by Cargill; Joint program being formed by Dow Chemical Co. and Mitsui...
- World Scene. // Chemical Business;Mar1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p64
Features news briefs related to the chemical industry. Planned merger of Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation and Tokyo Tanabe Co. Ltd.; Investment of Nippon Shokubai to build a super absorbent polymers plant in Antwerp, Belgium; Discussion on the dissolution of a joint venture between Rhodia and...
- AMERICAS. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;3/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p15
This section presents news briefs on the chemical industry in the Americas as of March 2006. U.S.-based specialist distributor Aceto said it will soon market its own-label range of vaccines for pets and other animals for the first time. Meanwhile, Solutia has taken full ownership of Quimca M,...
- JOINT VENTURE UNDER FIRE. Cendrowicz, Leo; Brandle, Lars; Butler, Susan; Garrity, Brian // Billboard;7/22/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 29, p7
The article reports on the decision of the European Court of First Instance to annul the approval for the 2004 merger between Sony Corp. and BMG. Sony may need to reseek regulatory approval for their recorded music joint venture in Europe after a European Court annulled the original ruling of...
- A new era of alliances. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;10/26/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 15, p28
The article discusses the prospects of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in chemical industries of Japan and also focuses on the M&A and joint ventures that took place in 2009 in Japan. Though Japanese companies are allocating funds for future deals but Peter Young, president of Young & Partners...
- Sinopec Corp to Incorporate Beijing Yanhua. // China Chemical Reporter;1/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the merger agreement between China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. and Beijing Yanhua Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Terms under the agreement; Benefits of deal for both companies; Significance of the agreement for the chemical industry.