- Spanish Region of Mucia Is Proving Irresistible to Chemical Investors. Tilton, Helga // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 21, p17
The article reports that Spanish region of Murcia is proving irresistible to chemicals investors as of December 15, 2003. The Spanish chemical industry as a whole is growing impressively. Murcia, a relatively little-known region in the southeast of the peninsula, is more than keeping pace. In...
- New regulation changes chemical sector safety management practices. // Engineers Journal;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p341
The article report on the imposition of a new European Union (EU) regulation covering the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) in Ireland. It cites the effect of the regulation on Irish businesses. It explores the benefits of REACH. It notes that the...
- REACHing the deadline. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;6/30/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p1
The article reports that Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH) requires that manufacturers and importers of any chemical sold or used in the European Union (EU) meet specific volume, health and/or environmental criteria. REACH also requires makers and users of chemicals...
- The sun rises eastwards. Fermont, Marc; O'Driscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p25
The article discusses the expansion of the chemical and polymer distribution in central Europe. Since joining the European Union in 2004, central Europe economies have accelerated their growth and are attracting significant new investments in the automotive, paints and coatings, polyurethane,...
- Study warns of Reach oblivion. Kamalick, Joe // ICIS Chemical Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p12
The article focuses on the lack of awareness among the U.S. chemical firms about the obligations required to fulfill under the European Union's (EU) program for Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (Reach). Under Reach, during the pre-registration period, foreign firms...
- EU chemicals production falls 2.4% in Feb from year-earlier: Cefic. // Chemical Business;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p72
The article reports on the drop in the European Union (EU) chemicals production in February 2012 due to the economic slowdown across the continent.
- E.U. Chemicals Industry to Grow 9.5% in 2010. // Flow Control;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) has predicted a 9.5 percent growth in 2010 for the European Union (E.U.) chemical industry, with a 2 percent growth rate in 2011.
- ASIA TARGETS EUROPE. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 9, p14
The article implies that the Asian chemical industry is eyeing the European chemical assets for acquisitions, in order to be compliant with the European Union's (EU) REACH legislation.
- Clock is ticking on EU White Paper. // Process Engineering;May2003, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p3
Reports on chemical producers' initiate to influence the final form of the European Union's chemical policy regulations. Importance of proportionate risk-based approach; European Commission's plan to set up an Internet-based consultation.