- History will repeat itself. Els, Frik // Finance Week;4/26/2002, p64
Forecasts the increasing spending on business intelligence technology among the companies in South Africa. Result on the deployment of enterprise resource planning; Enhancement of customer relationship; Transportation of data in the repository.
- A Process for Success. Sahgal, Mohit // DM Review;Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p22
The article presents ways to manage change caused by business intelligence (BI). There are several types of changes that BI creates. These include new database schemas, renamed database columns, new report requirements, systems retirement, new data marts, merger or acquisition and extract,...
- It's in there somewhere. Holmes, Beth // Accountancy;Jun2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1306, p61
A survey by the IIA in the U.S. found that the use of data extraction and analysis tools by auditors has progressively increased over the last 10 years. 21% of respondents said they were still using spreadsheet software. The reason for this, according to the IIA, is that 'respondents using...
- Benchmarks for BI and Data Warehousing Success. Watson, Hugh J.; Ariyachandra, Thilini // DM Review;Jan2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses a study on the metrics used for assessing the success of a data warehouse architecture and a company's use of business intelligence. Accurate, complete and consistent information should be provided by the data warehouse. The data warehouse should possess factors such as...
- COOP? What COOP? Rash, Wayne // InfoWorld;3/3/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on continuity of operations plan (COOP) for managing business information and operation. Information on COOP; Advantage and disadvantage of COOP; Importance of COOP to business operations; Creation of a COOP.
- Competitive Intelligence: A PREREQUISITE FOR SUCCESS. Elizondo, Noe // Export Wise;Fall2002, p23
Discusses the key types of intelligence that must be gathered to develop an effective market expansion strategy. Benefit of Aastra Technologies from its visit to its target market; Importance of an effective intelligence on existing and potential competitors.
- Northern Light's SinglePoint: Building Enterprise Information Portals. Wiggins, Richard // Searcher;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p47
Discusses the importance of `business intelligence' (BI) to a company. Functions of BI; Examples of companies that offer tools to address the need for BI; Description of an ideal BI system.
- Knowledge is power. Dash, Julekha // Software Magazine;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p46
Part I. Presents a discussion on the importance of knowledge management in gaining business intelligence. Definition of knowledge management; How to improve organization knowledge; Foundation technologies that support knowledge management initiatives; How American Management Systems, a...
- Demystifying business intelligence. Sawka, Kenneth A. // Management Review;Oct96, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p47
Explores the concept of business intelligence. Impact on business operations; Functions of internal intelligence; Misperceptions; Planning tips in acquiring business intelligence. INSET: Five basic functions of internal intelligence..