Britain's high-performance economy in 2010?
- Business urged to look beyond millennium. // Credit Management;Jan1999, p7
Cites possible socioeconomic scenarios based on Andersen Consulting's analysis of the forces and trends influencing the future shape of Europe. Share-holder model of capitalism; Stake-holder model of capitalism; Fragmented Europe; Identification of five broad areas.
- Theoretical aspects of social and economic forecasting. // Economy of AIC;2015, Issue 2, p136
Transformation processes in each country and within the global community pose new requirements for the justification of the choice of development paths for the future, which are reflected in policies, strategies, programmes and development plans. Important place belongs to forecasting methods,...
- The American Destiny. Kemper Jr., James S. // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/1/75, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p427
Presents the text of a speech given by James S. Kemper Jr., president of Kemper Insurance Companies, on March 19, 1975, which provides an economic and social forecast for the U.S.
- The Future. Limb, Ben C. // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/1/56, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p615
Presents the text of a speech given by Ben C. Limb, ambassador of Korea to the United Nations, on June 25, 1956, which provides social and economic outlook for Korea.
- HIGHLIGHTS. // Future Survey;Aug2005, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p2
Highlights several social, political and economic forecasts. Rapid spread of infectious diseases; Emergence of a branch for federal and/or state governments, which would allow voters to propose and vote on laws; Areas that will be the dominant settlement form in the 21st century.
- Smaller Households and New Consumption Trends. AHN Shin-Hyun // SERI Quarterly;Jan2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the state of smaller households and emerging trends of consumption in Korea. It states that households are shrinking in size at a rapid pace in Korea, with smaller households creating a market for space saving products, home security services, and multi-use appliances. It...
- Live like there are no "extras"--intentionally. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p90
The article offers ideas on ways to prepare for the future. It mentions ways to deal with any manmade or natural disaster. It also presents social and economic predictions for the U.S.
- Strange Days. LITTLE, PAUL // North & South;Jan2012, p122
The article presents the author's comments on the economic and political conditions in New Zealand, and their prediction in the book "New Zealand 2001," which was published in 1981. According to the author, the book has proven correct in its social forecasts, and the national identity in the...
- Asylum, what asylum? James, David // BRW;6/23/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p83
Provides information about the author's economic and social forecasting in Australia. Donation of annual bonuses to the tax office by Macquarie Bank executives; Preference of the Australian Labor Party to take cremation rather than burial.