Filming at the front lines of health
- Cinematic journeys of Italian women directors. Laviosa, Flavia // Studies in European Cinema;Oct2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p85
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Italian women in film-making, hybridization of film and documentary films.
- Passion's Payoff. Nelson, Stanley // Essence (Time Inc.);May2003, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p150
Reflects on his career as a documentary filmmaker and recipient of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation award. Advantages of being a documentary filmmaker; Educational and career background; Significance of the recognition he received.
- Great Time for Documentaries. // International Figure Skating;Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p55
The article reports on the team up by film directors Susan Austin, Scott Williams and Erik Ewers to create the historical documentary "The Frozen Stage."
- Film Anticipates WWI Anniversary. // Military History;Mar2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p11
The article reports that filmmakers are looking for a location to shoot the documentary movie "World War I documentary Over There: Doughboys in the Great War," near Fort Benning, Georgia.
- FILM. // Design Week;Jan2010 Hot 50 Supplement, p9
The article focuses on the move of independent documentary filmmaker Gary Huswit to use a design on his two films entitled "Helvetica" and "Objectified."
- DIRECTORS. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;3/25/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p13
The article introduces a series of articles on motion picture directors of Oscar-nominated documentaries and Directors Guild Association Award winners.
- Short and Sweet. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;3/22/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the profiles of film directors, the Best Short Subject Documentary Academy Award to films and the director, Andrea Fine.
- FLAMENCO AT 5:15. Scott, Cynthia // Dance on Camera Journal;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses a director's experience of making a documentary dance film.
- STATE OF THE INDUSTRY. HARTOG, JOOST DEN // Inside Film;Feb2009, Issue 117, p6
The author examines the disagreement persisting between filmmakers and broadcasters with regard to the kinds of stories that should be released. He notes that many filmmakers in Australia and New Zealand suffer the fate of thinking locally and having smaller due to the lack of production support...