Differences in healthy life expectancy among men and women
- Antisperms antibodies in infertile males attending a Tertiary Care Hospital in Karachi. Imtiaz, Fauzia; Alam, Nadeem; Khatoon, Fahmida; Mahmood, Atif // Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences;Jan2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p171
Objective: To estimate the levels of anti-sperm antibodies in infertile males attending a tertiary care hospital in Karachi. Methodology: Out of 160 males studied, 132 met the criteria and were included in the study. Semen analysis was done by proper standardized procedures as mentioned in WHO...
- Male Fertility and Reduction in Semen Parameters: A Single Tertiary-Care Center Experience. Milardi, D.; Grande, G.; Sacchini, D.; Astorri, A. L.; Pompa, G.; Giampietro, A.; De Marinis, L.; Pontecorvi, A.; Spagnolo, A. G.; Marana, R. // International Journal of Endocrinology;2012, p1
Background. Infertility is both a clinical and a public problem, affecting the life of the couple, the healthcare services, and social environment. Standard semen analysis is the surrogate measure of male fertility in clinical practice. Objective. To provide information about the relationship...
- WHO CALLS FOR STRONGER FOCUS ON ADOLESCENT HEALTH. // Central European Journal of Public Health;Jun2014, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p139
The article focuses on the health for the world's adolescents report of the World Health Organization (WHO) with information on the findings of the report. Among the results include the cause of illness and disability for adolescent girls and boys such as depression, road traffic injuries, and...
- Infertility in Mazandaran province - north of Iran: an etiological study. Malekshah, Abbasali Karimpour; Moghaddam, Amir Esmailnejad; Moslemizadeh, Narges; Peivandi, Sepideh; Barzegarnejad, Ayyub; Musanejad, Nadali; Jursarayee, Gholamali // Iranian Journal of Reproductive Medicine;Winter2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p21
Background: The prevalence and etiology of infertility are not similar in different parts of the world. There are only few reports of this topic in Iran. Objective: This study was conducted to determine the clinical patterns and major causes of infertility in Mazandaran province in north of...
- II. Estudio bÃ¡sico de la pareja infÃ©rtil. // Ginecologia y Obstetricia de Mexico;nov2011, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p674
No abstract available.
- The future of ageing. Hayflick, Leonard // Nature;11/9/2000, Vol. 408 Issue 6809, p267
Argues that advances in the understanding of age-associated diseases have outpaced advances in the understanding of the fundamental aging process. Criteria that distinguish age changes from disease processes; Pros and cons of tampering with the aging process; Perceived role of biogerontologists...
- Schizophrenia in different cultures. // British Medical Journal;2/2/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6210, p271
Evaluates the cultural influence of variations in patterns and symptoms of schizophrenia. Reference to the study by the World health Organization; Utilization of the computer program CATEGO for the diagnosis of the disease; Criteria for schizophrenia.
- Focus on Male Infertility. Niederberger, Craig // AUANews;Spring2010 Urology Health Extra Sup, p13
This article identifies the causes of male infertility.
- FTO Is a Relevant Factor for the Development of the Metabolic Syndrome in Mice. Ikels, Kathrin; Kuschel, Stefanie; Fischer, Julia; Kaisers, Wolfgang; Eberhard, Daniel; Rüther, Ulrich // PLoS ONE;Aug2014, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
The metabolic syndrome is a worldwide problem mainly caused by obesity. FTO was found to be a obesity-risk gene in humans and FTO deficiency in mice led to reduction in adipose tissue. Thus, FTO is an important factor for the development of obesity. Leptin-deficient mice are a well characterized...