News @ a glance
- Good health & environment news can be found among the bad. Ferrie, Helke // CCPA Monitor;Sep2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p26
The article presents the author's insights on news in the U.S. health and environment. It states that U.S. spends 7,538 dollars per person on medical care but still has the worst life expectancy. It says that Canadian Medical Association Journal showed that journals that allow disguised...
- Who will take care of Canadians when U.S. adopts Obamacare? Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;12/28/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p18
The article reviews the article by Sarah Giles and Sarah Shea, which appeared in the periodical "Canadian Medical Association Journal."
- Respecting diverse perspectives, common goals. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/19/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 7, p743
The article offers the author's insights on the editorial views and perspectives of the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ), which focuses on the improvement of health and health care system in Canada.
- Privatization key issue for new CMA president. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/15/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p340
This article focuses on Dr. Colin McMillan, the appointed president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA). He is a supporter of the publicly-funded health care system in Canada, however, he also questions its sustainability. One of the issues facing McMillan as the new president of CMA ...
- Canadian medical journal endorses Jordan's Principle. // Alberta Sweetgrass;Aug2007, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on the endorsement of the Jordan's Principle by the "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ). Jordan's Principle is a child-first principle that calls on governments to meet the needs of children first before dealing with any issues regarding which level of government...
- Letters. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/28/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p1423
Presents letters to the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal,' as of November 28, 2000. Discussion of surgical waiting lists in Canada; Competency of adolescents to make informed decisions; Beta-Blockers as first-line therapy for hypertension; Others.
- News @ a glance. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/4/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p22
This section presents news briefs concerning health and medicine in Canada. The estimated total health spending among provinces and territories in Canada for fiscal 2006-2007 is projected to reach $84.7 billion. The members of the Governance Review Panel of the Canadian Medical Association...
- Essay for the CIHR/CMAJ award: improving access to hip and knee replacement and its quality by adopting a new model of care in Alberta. Frank, Cyril; Marshall, Deborah; Faris, Peter; Smith, Christopher // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/5/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 6, pE347
An essay is presented on the research regarding the impact of the model of care pilot study in Alberta to joint replacement care by Cyril Frank and colleagues, winner in the 2009-2010 Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)/Canadian Medical Association Journal(CMAJ) health research...
- Highlights. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;12/8/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 18, p1366
The article highlights medical research published in the online "Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ) Open" in 2015. One study focuses on Ontario residents' participation in screening for cancers and elevations of glucose and cholesterol. Another study investigated health inequalities at...