Category Review: Political Science Segment Healthy, but Wary of Issue Fatigue
- Simba Projects 5.1% Revenue Growth For Cookbooks In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;4/25/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p4
Provides a forecast of the sales of cook books for 2005 in the U.S. Projected increase in revenues of the cookbook category, according to Simba Information Inc.; Popular authors that are likely to dominate the bestseller lists that includes Rachael Ray and Ina Garten; Output of cookbook titles...
- Trade Books in Schools Tracking Toward Digital. // Educational Marketer;11/ 8/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the movement of trade books on digital in the U.S. It mentions several educational publishers which are moving digital trade books for children into schools for libraries and classrooms. According to Simba Information Inc. in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2010-2011,...
- Borders And Books-A-Million Report Small Holiday Sales Gains. // Book Publishing Report;1/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p1
This article presents information on the financial position of publishers Borders Group Inc., Michigan. Borders Group, the only major bookstore chain with stores outside of the U.S., had a sales increase of 20.7% in international business. Simba Information Inc., parent company of Book...
- BIP: Top 10 Children's Publishers Own 25% of Recent Titles. // Book Publishing Report;12/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p4
The article offers information on Simba Information Inc.'s Children's Publishing Market Forecast 2007 report. According to the data on the report, the largest ten publishers, which is ranked by titles published, hold 25% of all juvenile titles published over the last five years. While the top...
- Multimedia College Materials Viewed as New Growth Driver. // Educational Marketer;10/8/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p1
The article presents Simba Information Inc.'s market analysis on the growth trajectory of U.S. multimedia college materials consisting of tools and content delivered in technology-based formats. It cites the role of digital technology in shaping the higher education market dynamics particularly...
- Customer demand forecasting. Chase Jr., Charles W. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall94, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p2
Editorial. Presents a discussion in customer demand forecasting as a function of sales forecasting. Sales forecasting function; Approach for customer demand forecasts; Process; Baseline demand; Promotional lift; Business factors.
- The need for a forecasting champion. Mentzer, John T.; Moon, Mark A.; Kent, John L.; Smith, Carlo D. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p3
Presents a research on the factors that contribute to a company's ability to be successful in sales forecasting. Description of the data collection effort; Outline of the characteristics of a sales forecasting champion; Roles that sales forecasting champions can play in companies that take...
- ANSWERS TO YOUR FORECASTING QUESTIONS. Jain, Chaman L. // Journal of Business Forecasting;Winter2007/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to business forecasting including the making/creation of a great forecasting team, the lead time for various products, and the feel for typical lost sales due to under-forecasting for a Health and Beauty Care company.
- 5 Steps to Predict Sales From Referrals. Misner, Ivan R.; Davis, Robert // Sell!ng;Dec98, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p10
Part II. Describes five steps to predict sales from referrals. Selection of reference period; Completion of reference period questionnaire; Selection of forecast period; Completion of forecast period questionnaire; Writing a forecast statement.