Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;7/4/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 27, p4
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. NBC Acquisition Corp., parent company of Nebraska Book Co., has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as part of a plan to recapitalize its debt. A bill was signed by California Governor Jerry Brown which requires...
- National Geographic Forms New School Publishing Group Around Acquisition of Hampton-Brown. // Educational Marketer;3/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Hampton-Brown in Carmel, California by the National Geographic Society (NGS). The acquisition is part of the efforts of NGS to build its publishing business. Its publishing business was built on publishing magazines for the classroom and expanded into...
- acquisition news. // T H E Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p8
The article offers news briefs focusing on education and technology. The math and science educational materials developer Key Curriculum Press sold its textbook division to Kendall Hunt Publishing, on August 1, 2011, to focus on digital products. The educational publisher Cengage Learning...
- A FOX AT THE DOOR. BEAUJON, ANDREW // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2015, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p45
The article focuses on the implications of merger of periodical National Geographic with the mass media company 21st Century Fox. It mentions that as per the television joint venture 21st Century Fox will pay to National Geographic Society for majority control of its other media assets, the book...
- Cengage Expands Digitally with 4 Partnerships. // Educational Marketer;6/13/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the partnership formed by Cengage Learning Inc., the second- largest college publisher in the U.S. with e-portfolio provider Pathbrite to incorporate the e-portfolio solution in Cengage Learning's MindTap digital learning platform. The $3.7 million funding led by Cengage...
- AT DEADLINE. Strupp, Joe; Davis, Joel; Moses, Lucia; Wade, Kathryn // Editor & Publisher;06/18/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 25, p7
Reports developments in the publishing industry in the United States. Relocation of The Seattle Times publication; Arguments between The Seattle Times against Pacific Northwest Newspaper Guild; Joint venture between National Newspaper Association and Cold North Wind Corp.
- Gale to Archive 106 Years of National Geographic Content. // EventDV;Mar2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the partnership between the U.S. National Geographic Society and Gale, a part of Cengage Learning Inc., in 2012 for the development of the National Geographic Magazine Archive from 1888 to 1994.
- 2014 Will Be the Year of the Business Remix. Gomes-Casseres, Ben // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;1/10/2014, p2
The article forecasts 2014 as the year of business remix that include mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures and consortia that are vital to driving innovation.
- Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;12/ 7/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p8
The article provides information involving business enterprises from China and the U.S. which includes the acquisition by Hellman & Friedman LLC. of Datatel Inc., and the partnership between McGraw-Hill Cos. and Ambow Education Co. Ltd.