Pearson Uses KAT to Power Web Tools in Science Texts
- Digital Helps Pearson Education's Nine-Month Results. // Educational Marketer;10/26/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the benefits of Pearson Education Inc.'s Northern American Education from its digital programs that outperforms the K-12 curriculum in the U.S. it mentions that digital programs help the company's strong performance based on the results in the healthy college market. Also...
- Bimodal reading: Benefits of a talking computer for average and less skilled readers. Montali, Julie; Lewandowski, Lawrence // Journal of Learning Disabilities;May1996, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p271
Demonstrates the efficacy of a bimodal approach to fostering reading comprehension. Advantages of bimodal presentation; Elements of computer assisted instruction; Preference for presentation modality.
- The Promise of Computers for Reluctant Readers. Chan, Julie M.T. // School Library Journal;Nov85, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p120
Describes how computers may be used to develop skill and comprehension in reading. Factors to be considered when selecting educational software; Selection of software for disabled and reluctant readers; Process of building a functional software collection.
- 3 Publishers Add Online Library Services To College Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;12/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p6
Reports that Pearson Education, McGraw-Hill and Harcourt have linked electronic library functions to college textbooks.
- K-8 Propels Pearson To Top Of N.C. Reading, Language Arts Adoption. // Educational Marketer;10/8/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p3
Reports that Pearson Education dominated reading and language arts textbook sales in the North Carolina adoption in 2001.
- Digital nation: Push to trade class textbooks for laptop PCs is a misuse of technology. Chapman, Gary // Teacher Librarian;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p64
Probes into the educational implication of the proposed replacement of public school textbooks with laptop computers and compact disc-ROMs (CD-ROM) in Texas. Importance of computers in education; Trend endorsed by House Speaker Newt Gingrich; Things that parents must know; Information on other...
- News Briefs... // Electronic Education Report;7/18/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p7
Reports on developments related to electronic education in the United States as of July 18, 2001.
- NECTAR Foundation's Science Trek 4, 5, 6. Tigges, Shelley // T H E Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p42
Features Science Trek 4,5,6 by Nectar Foundation in the United States. Inclusion of science curriculum found in grades four to six; Involvement of teachers in creating the program; Implication of program to the students; Contents of the backgrounders.
- Software focus on Arts & Humanities. Kim, Anne // T H E Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p33
Features the collection of tools designed to aid both teacher and student in acquiring and improving instruction of arts and humanities in the United States. Web site for budding artists by Crayon By Number 2.0; Multimedia reading comprehension program by the Educational Activities Software;...