Pearson Uses KAT to Power Web Tools in Science Texts
- Digital Helps Pearson Education's Nine-Month Results. // Educational Marketer;10/26/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the benefits of Pearson Education Inc.'s Northern American Education from its digital programs that outperforms the K-12 curriculum in the U.S. it mentions that digital programs help the company's strong performance based on the results in the healthy college market. Also...
- Bimodal reading: Benefits of a talking computer for average and less skilled readers. Montali, Julie; Lewandowski, Lawrence // Journal of Learning Disabilities;May1996, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p271
Demonstrates the efficacy of a bimodal approach to fostering reading comprehension. Advantages of bimodal presentation; Elements of computer assisted instruction; Preference for presentation modality.
- The Promise of Computers for Reluctant Readers. Chan, Julie M.T. // School Library Journal;Nov85, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p120
Describes how computers may be used to develop skill and comprehension in reading. Factors to be considered when selecting educational software; Selection of software for disabled and reluctant readers; Process of building a functional software collection.
- 3 Publishers Add Online Library Services To College Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;12/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p6
Reports that Pearson Education, McGraw-Hill and Harcourt have linked electronic library functions to college textbooks.
- K-8 Propels Pearson To Top Of N.C. Reading, Language Arts Adoption. // Educational Marketer;10/8/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p3
Reports that Pearson Education dominated reading and language arts textbook sales in the North Carolina adoption in 2001.
- Digital nation: Push to trade class textbooks for laptop PCs is a misuse of technology. Chapman, Gary // Teacher Librarian;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p64
Probes into the educational implication of the proposed replacement of public school textbooks with laptop computers and compact disc-ROMs (CD-ROM) in Texas. Importance of computers in education; Trend endorsed by House Speaker Newt Gingrich; Things that parents must know; Information on other...
- News Briefs... // Electronic Education Report;7/18/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p7
Reports on developments related to electronic education in the United States as of July 18, 2001.
- NECTAR Foundation's Science Trek 4, 5, 6. Tigges, Shelley // T H E Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p42
Features Science Trek 4,5,6 by Nectar Foundation in the United States. Inclusion of science curriculum found in grades four to six; Involvement of teachers in creating the program; Implication of program to the students; Contents of the backgrounders.
- MICROZINE, A Computer Magazine. Furst, Miriam // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Dec1984, Vol. 17 Issue 10
Features Microzine, a computer magazine for helping learning disabled students improve reading comprehension. Quality and variety of programs in the disk; Inclusion of student handbook and teacher's guide; Suitability of microzine for children and high school students.