Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½
- Facts On File News Reunited. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;9/1/2007, Vol. 132 Issue 14, p28
The article focuses on Facts On File, Inc. which has reached a deal with Reader's Digest Association to "acquire the assets of Facts On File News Services " for an undisclosed sum. Reader's Digest Association will retain rights to the Facts On File News Services product Facts for Learning which...
- Good Catalog/Gifts.com Up for Sale. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the purchase of magazine publisher/cataloger Reiman Publications by Reader's Digest in the U.S. Terms of the agreement between the companies; Sale of Reader's Digest's Good Catalog/Gifts.com; Appeal of the publications of Reiman to less affluent and rural audience.
- Reader's Digest acquires Reiman publications. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Reiman Publications L.L.C. by the Reader's Digest Association Inc. in Pleasantville, New York. Purchase price; Expansion of the marketing channels.
- Reader's Digest signs $760m deal. // Precision Marketing;3/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p9
Reports on a merger agreement between The Reader's Digest Association with publishing company Reiman Publications. Value of the deal; Expectations from the transaction; Benefits of Reiman from the deal.
- Last of Good Catalog Co. Founders Exits. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Reports the consolidation of Good Catalog Co. to the Reader's Digest in 1998 in Portland, Oregon. Attempt of the company in putting private placement offering; Platform of Reader's Digest to build catalog business; Emphasis of the brand name on the catalog covers.
- Reader's Digest Acquires Leading Display Marketer. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 36, p12
Reports that Reader's Digest has reached an agreement to acquire Books Are Fun Ltd. in 1999. Cost of the acquisition; Information on Books Are Fun; Remarks from Thomas O. Ryder, chairman of Reader's Digest, regarding the acquisition of Books Are Fun.
- Reader's Digest expects new acquisition to boost business. Prezioso, Jeanine // Westchester County Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the acquisition of Reiman Publications LLC by Reader's Digest Association Inc. Value of the transaction; Subscription base of Reiman; Number of montly magazines that are published by Reiman; Revenue posted by Reader's Digest in 2001.
- Reader's Digest to Acquire Reiman Publications. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p9
Focuses on the acquisition of Reiman Publications by Reader's Digest Association Inc. (RD) in the U.S. in 2002. Cost of the transaction; Aggregate circulation of Reiman's twelve bi-monthly magazines; Number of copies sold annually for Reiman's bestselling cookbook 'Taste of Home';...
- Reader's Digest UK sold to private equity group. Sheahan, Tim // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/16/2010, p9
This article reports on the acquisition by private equity group Better Capital of Reader's Digest UK.