Blackboard Outcomes System Gains Traction
- Blackboard Finishes Strong In '09, Looks to Mobile in '10. // Educational Marketer;2/15/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Washington D.C.-based enterprise electronic-learning software provider Blackboard Inc. in the fourth-quarter of 2009. It notes the company's 17.2% increase in product revenue and the improvement of the company's operating income. Blackboard...
- PRIVATE AGAIN AND ON THE MOVE. BUCHANAN, LEIGH // Inc.;Sep2012, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p193
The article presents an update on Michael Chasen, founder of Blackboard education-software company, after being included in the Inc. 500 list of companies in 2003. Chasen took the company public in 2004 with a valuation of 400 million U.S. dollars. In 2011, he organized the sale of the firm to...
- Blackboard Makes PLEDGE. // T+D;Apr2007, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the patent pledge of Blackboard company as a support to learning institutions that use or develop open source and home-grown course management software worldwide. It promised not to initiate patent actions against anyone who use or develop the system. The pledged was...
- As Ed-Tech Market Evolves, CEO of Blackboard to Step Down. Tomassini, Jason // Education Week;10/24/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p9
The article announces that the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of educational software company Blackboard Michael Chasen has resigned and will be replaced by president and CEO of software company Progress Software Jay Bhatt.
- School management program. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Dec93, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p416
Reports on the availability of Administrative Answer, version 7.30. Computer software designed for school administrators and guidance counsellors to keep track of administrative work. Features; Price; Contact information.
- Blackboard Finishes Strong In '09, Looks to Mobile in '10. // Educational Marketer;2/ 1/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of enterprise electronic-learning software provider Blackboard Inc. in the fourth-quarter of 2009 in Washington, D.C. It notes the company's 20.8% increase business revenue from 2008 as well as the improvement of the company's operating income. It...
- Blackboard Expects Growth in 2009's Difficult Business Environment. // Electronic Education Report;2/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the performance of Washington, D.C.-based Blackboard Inc. as of February 23, 2009. It says that the company expects a rise in 2009 revenue of 361 million to 373 million dollars. According the company's president Michael Chasen, the solutions that they provide are the core...
- Interactive Whiteboards In School: Effective Uses. Reardon, Tom // Media & Methods;Aug2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p12
Provides advice on the effective use of interactive whiteboards in U.S. schools. Recording of class notes and homework assignments; Connections to the computer or the Internet; Integration of computer software.
- SOFTWARE, CLASSROOM--SOFTWARE, MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT. // American School & University;Mar2002, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p68
Presents a directory of companies that manufacture management software for schools and universities.