A Reorganized Questar Continues to Drive Revenue Growth
- Questar Looks to $200M Testing Opportunity in Next Few Months. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p2
The article reports on the 200 million dollars testing opportunity for Questar Assessment Inc. in 2007. It mentions the company's year-over-year growth despite the revenue decline resulting from the anticipated expiration and non-renewal of two contracts in Arkansas and Ohio. It tackles on the...
- Financial Briefsï¿½. // Educational Marketer;4/28/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the 49.5-percent drop in business revenue of Brewster, New York-based Questar Assessment Inc. in the first quarter of fiscal 2008.
- Questar Pursues Pipeline of Testing Opportunities. // Educational Marketer;10/1/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the various state testing contracts of Questar Assessment in Brewster, New York. The company had proposals under review in state purchasing departments worth $93 million. Questar has also won $35 million worth of testing business that would contribute to its revenue in...
- Growth keeps Swett & Crawford on top. // Business Insurance;09/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p32
Reports the leading insurance wholesalers in the United States. Details on the increase in the premium volumes and gross revenues of each corporation; Importance of continuous development of products and services for business success; Introduction of several programs by the Swett & Crawford...
- With Questar on Board, TASA Studies Best Way to Brand. // Educational Marketer;10/2/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on the acquisition and branding study conducted by Brewster, New York-based testing firm, Touchstone Applied Science Associates (TASA), with its newly acquired Questar. According to TASA CEO Andrew Simon, this study would help determine if the company should bid under one...
- Making Mergers Work. Aquila, August J. // Journal of Tax Practice Management;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p19
Discusses tips on making successful mergers. Reasons for wanting a merger; Reasons for the failure of a merger. INSET: Now Available... U.S. Master State Tax Practive and Procedure....
- Speed: what it takes to make mergers work. Hadjian, Ani Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/31/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 31, p11
Reports that mergers have become easier to pull off, according to a PriceWaterhouseCoopers study. Role of the speed of integration in determining the difference between success and failure; Comparison between deals done in 1997 and 2000; Steps to take within 100 days following the merger...
- Integration has to be priority in takeovers. Levins, Bernie // Mortgage Strategy;4/11/2011, p16
The article focuses on the importance of integration in business as the number one priority in the consolidation in the mutual sector for speedy delivery of benefits.
- THE WEEK IN REVIEW. // BRW;5/30/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p14
Reports business developments in Australia as of May 2002. Dismissal of takeover bids for Saint George Bank; Profitability of grocery wholesaler Metcash Trading; Expansion plans to the business operation of News Corporation according to chairman Rupert Murdoch.