- Dow acquires Rohm and Haas, creating World's leading specialty chemicals company. // Paintindia;Jul2008, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p171
The article reports on a definitive agreement entered into by Dow and Rohm and Haas under which the former will acquire all outstanding shares of the latter's common stock for $78 per share in cash in 2008. Dow will become the world's leading specialty chemicals and advanced materials company...
- Activist targets Dow, seeks spin-off. Greenwood, Al; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;1/27/2104, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses a stake taken by the Third Point hedge fund in Dow Chemical and a plan to spin off the latter's petrochemical business. Topics addressed include Third Point chief executive officer and activist investor Dan Loeb's projections of the standalone petrochemical company's...
- ...divests Key trade stake. // Chemical Week;7/6/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 18, p13
The article reports on the sale of the stake of agricultural fertilizers manufacturer and distributor, CF Industries of Deerfield, Illinois, in Keytrade of Zurich, Switzerland, a worldwide fertilizer trader, presenting the view of Melih Keyman of Keytrade on the sale.
- Rexam to close Russian can plant. // CanTech International;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the closure of can production plant near Moscow, Russia by Rexam PLC due to poor market status. It notes that the closure occurs after the company purchased Rostar, a Russian beverage can manufacturer. It cites that the company purchased Rostar at the beginning of 2008 for...
- newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p4
This section offers world news briefs on the chemical industry. Sunoco Chemicals purchased the 50% stake it did not already own in Epsilon Products. Dow Chemical started up an integrated specialty alkonalamines factory in Plaquemine, Louisiana. PolyOne expects an increase in its fourth-quarter...
- Inquiry into Dow's Buna plans. // Chemical Week;3/8/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p6
Reports on an independent examination called by the German trade ministry concerning the plan of Dow Chemicals to buy Germany's Buna chemicals complex. Concerns about the security of job of chemical workers.
- Dow halts ESI production. Raleigh, Patrick // European Rubber Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 184 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the move of Dow Chemical Co. to halt production of ethylene-styrene interpolymers at its Sarnia, Ontario facility. Reason for the move of the company; Operations of the company.
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;11/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 27, p30
This section offers news briefs concerning basic chemicals and plastics, including the production of linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) at Dow Chemical's plant at Map Ta Phut, Thailand, a technology licensing agreement signed by Invista with Markor Chemical for butanediol (BDO)...
- Dow Expects a Mild Plastics Recovery... Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/2/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p13
Discusses the slow growth of Dow Chemicals in 2001. Percentage increase in the growth of Dow; Factors which contributed to the slow growth of Dow; Decline in the demand for chemicals produced by Dow; Increase in the sales of the automotive business of Dow.