- CVC Agrees to Buy Univar. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/18/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on the decision of private equity firm CVC Capital Partners to acquire Univar for a disclosed sum. The proposed deal will accelerate the expansion of CVC's portfolio of chemical assets. Ulysses Luxembourg, a CVC affiliate, intends to offer â‚¬53.50/share in cash for...
- Credit Crunch May Put Brakes on M&A Frenzy. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;9/19/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 30, ps3
The article reveals that banks are imposing stringent terms on borrowers after realizing that a large part of the U.S. sub-prime mortgage debt and the heavily leveraged debt held by some financial investors, secured on inflated asset valuations, may be unserviceable. CVC Capital Partners is...
- CD&R buys stake in Univar. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Oct2010, Issue 832, p9
The article reports on the acquisition by Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) of a 42.5% stake in chemicals distributor Univar from CVC Capital Partners in a deal valued at 4.2 billion U.S. dollars.
- Petrobras Contemplates Petrochemicals Reentry. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p20
Reports that Brazilian state oil company Petrobras will propose a revamped business plan that local executives expect will include a reentry into petrochemicals. Remarks from local observers regarding the move; Executives' expectation on Petrobras' petrochemical division, Petroquisa.
- Petrobras revives plans for Rio petrochemical complex. Salles, Flavio; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p24
Reports on Brazilian state-owned oil company Petrobras' revival of plans for the fourth petrochemical complex in Brazil. Scheduled completion of feasibility studies for a major project near Rio de Janeiro; Required investment for the complex; Brazilian government's planned privatization of the...
- MOST-READ. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p7
The article offers information on the most popular topics that were published in this journal website including buyers and sellers of European polypropylene (PP) plans of Petrobras SA, an energy producer in Brazil and the performance of stocks in North American chemical companies.
- Dyno sells its plastics division to CVC. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/28/98, Vol. 254 Issue 26, p6
Reports on Dyno Industrier AS' sale of its European plastics division to a company in which funds advised by CVC Capital Partners have a controlling interest. Terms of the deal; Sales price; CVC's involvement in the reorganization of the European chemical industry.
- Univar Shelves IPO as Clayton Dubilier Takes 42.5% Stake. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;8/30/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on Clayton, Dubilier & Rice's acquisition of a 42.5% stake in Univar. As part of the deal, valued at around 1.8 billion U.S. dollars, the Univar's planned initial public offering (IPO) will be postponed. A 42.5% stake will be retained by CVC Capital Partners while the...
- Urea duties examined. // Chemical Week;3/9/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the European Commission's enforcement of antidumping measures against urea from Romania and Croatia while reexamining the import situation. Pressure from the European Fertilizers Manufacturers Association to enforce the policy; Scheduled expiration of existing limits on quantities...