- confident about EU petrochemicals. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 11, p13
The article presents views of Benjamin Palomo Sanz, managing director for chemicals at Repsol YPF SA, on the current status of the European petrochemicals business. He says that competition is getting tougher but the petrochemicals business is still in a strong position. He says that the...
- EU demands Argentina stop nationalization. // Hill;4/23/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p9
The article reports that the European Union has criticized Argentina for nationalizing the Argentinean division of Spanish oil and gas company Repsol YPF SA.
- Good times, bad times? Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;3/31/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 13, p28
The article presents information related to the ICIS and Booz Allen Hamilton CEO Roundtable which was held on March 7, 2008 in Brussels, Belgium. It was attended by eight of the region's top petrochemical executives to discuss the issues facing petrochemical producers in Europe. The speakers at...
- Repsol YPF expanding in Portugal. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;9/11/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p25
The article states that Repsol YPF SA has unveiled a 600 million-euro plan to double the capacity at its petrochemicals site in Sines, Portugal. The expansion would add polypropylene and linear low density polyethylene lines to the company's existing lines. According to the company, the complex...
- Spain profits plunge. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;8/4/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2064, p9
Reports on the decline in chemical operating profits of Repsol YPF for the second-quarter of 2003. Improvements in basic petrochemicals and Latin American derivatives; Sales revenue posted by Repsol.
- A final-quarter boost for Repsol. Watts, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;3/5/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 56, p13
The article deals with the improvements in the adjusted operating income of Repsol in the fourth quarter of 2006. High olefins prices and low naphtha production have increased its adjusted operating income by 78 percent to â‚¬89 million. The author states that the higher income in 2006,...
- Polyethylene Prices Pressed, Says Borealis. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/8/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 16, p4
Reports that European polyethylene producer Borealis forecasts a continued upward pressure on polyethylene prices in the continent during the fourth quarter of 2004. Factors contributing to the rising price of polyethylene; Impact of the chemical's rising price on the fiscal performance of the...
- REPSOL PUTS PORTUGUESE PETCHEM EXPANSION ON HOLD. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/11/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 13, p17
This article reports on the stalled major petrochemical expansion project of Repsol YPF in Sines, Portugal. Mid-2010 was the target completion date for the expansion project. Engineering firms and process suppliers were notified by Repsol regarding its plan not to reactivate the project before...
- Repsol unveils plan. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/6/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 23, p12
Reports that Repsol YPF SA, one of the largest petrochemicals producers in southern Europe, plans to expand its chemicals operation during the next five years. Total capital expenditure in 2005-2009; Company's capital spending on chemicals; Company's competitive advantage; Growth rate.