Packaging grows despite the greens
- Firms: It's a big world after all. Loepp, Don // Plastics News;11/1/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p11
Focuses on the trend towards globalization in the plastics packaging market in the United States. Concerns over the trend's impact on consumers; Consumer product companies' efforts to minimize variation in packaging offerings.
- Packaging segment to see growth in 2000. Doba, Jinida // Plastics News;1/10/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p13
Forecasts the growth of the plastics packaging industry in 2000. Projected five percent increase in revenues; Advances in flexible packaging; Growth of the market for innovative plastic packaging.
- Research and Markets adds Report: 2010 U.S. Plastics Packaging Materials Manufacturing Industry Report. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Aug2010, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p52
The article offers information on the contents of the 2010 U.S. Plastics Packaging Materials Manufacturing Industry Report published by Research and Markets.
- Thermoformers expect to gain from strong consumer spending. Bregar, Bill // Plastics News;12/6/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p21
Describes the market growth for thermoforming machines in the United States. Implication of strong consumer spending for products with plastic packagings; Overall condition of the market for thermoforming machines; Experiences of several companies engaged in producing the machines.
- Asia/Pacific demand for PET resin rising. // Plastics News;5/8/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p36
Reports on the importance of the Asia/Pacific region to the world market for polyethylene terephthalate (PET). Growth in demand for PET in packaging in the region; Percentage of the world's resin producers and total solid-state capacity that comes from the region.
- The global plastic packaging market expected to cross US$ 370 bln by 2020. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Apr2015, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p63
The article presents the study by Transparency Market Research, which showed that the plastic packaging market worldwide will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% to reach a value of 370.25 billion dollars by 2020.
- Beer, technology boost packaging market. Smith, Sarah S. // Plastics News;1/18/1999, Vol. 10 Issue 49, p12
Elaborates on the factors that might contribute to the growth of the market for plastic packaging in the United States. Development of the high-barrier technologies; Low resin prices; Trend toward consolidation.
- PRODUCT PARADE. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p85
The article offers brief information on several plastics and packaging products including Bayer's high-technology plastic for ultramobile notebook computers and stylish televisions, Sylvin's 32 series of bio-based compounds composed of a plant-based plasticizer, and Polyscope's Range of XERAN...
- MeadWestvaco plans Ky. plant. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p3
A Stamford, Connecticut-based plastic products manufacturer MeadWestvaco Corp. business is investing $25 million to open a plant AGI Polymatrix unit in Eizabethtown, Kentucky to make packaging for digital versatile discs. The company plans to begin operating 11 production cells which includes...