- Rough ride for US chemicals. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;1/14/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 2, p13
The article discusses the status of the U.S. economy and the chemical industry. According to the American Chemistry Council's chief economist Kevin Swift, an Institute for Supply Management (ISM) factory index for nondefense capital equipment slipped to 47.7 percent in December 2007 from 50.8...
- Chemical Industry Continues to Recover, But at a Lackluster Pace. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/10/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 23, p4
Predicts the economic recovery of the chemical industry, according to the American Chemistry Council. Growth rate of the recovery; Factors that influence the margin and capacity utilization; Prices of chemicals.
- chapter 4: Key Economic Sectors. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p28
The article presents an overview on Poland's petrochemical industry and provides information about the possible privatization of some refineries.
- Weaker Asian Markets Stifle Recovery. HENSMAN, ALASTAIR // Chemical Week;10/18/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 25, ps4
The article describes the possible effect of the poor performance of Asian markets in the third quarter of 2010 to the recovery of the petrochemical industry.
- Global Petrochemicals Poised for Peak. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p9
Forecasts the condition of the global petrochemicals industry for 2004 and 2005. Factors contributing to the business forecast; Changes in the industry; Predicted oil prices.
- Market will awaken this year. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;2/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2040, p10
Forecasts the market recovery of the petrochemical industry of Europe in 2003, according to consultant Richard Sleep. Improvements in market conditions; Period for profit recovery; Performance of the industry in 2002.
- Petrochemical outlook. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;3/23/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p3
The article presents a forecast for the global petrochemical industry for 2015.
- Lack of funding to hit growth. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;2/2/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2085, p6
Warns that European and U.S. chemical industries face a medium-to long-term threat to growth from underinvestment in assets while capital expenditures flows to projects in Asia. Highlights of the forecast from Oxford Economic Forecasting; Outlook for the chemical industry in the U.S. in 2004.
- Industry Forecast Scenario. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q3 2008, p37
The article presents a forecast on the performance of the petroleum chemicals industry as of the third quarter of 2008. Signs of stabilization are expected by the middle of the year. The U.S. chemical production grew by 0.3 percent in May, according to the American Chemistry Council (ACC)....