Lean years loom for
- EXECUTIVE Q&A Fran Keeth, CEO Shell Chemicals LP. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p29
Interviews Fran Keeth, chief executive officer of Shell Chemicals LP. Outlook for 2005 in terms of pricing, volumes, profitability; Expectations on the coming petrochemical cycle peak; Positioning of the company to take advantage of the cycle peak; Main challenges facing the company; Energy and...
- CEFIC CONFIRMS SLOWDOWN IN EUROPEAN CHEMICALS OUTPUT. // Chemical Week;12/13/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 30, p5
The article presents a forecast from the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) that growth in chemicals output will experience a slowdown in Europe in 2011.
- Cefic Doubles EU Output Growth Forecast. // Chemical Week;6/14/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 14, p5
The article presents a forecast from the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) that chemicals production in the European Union will grow by two percent in 2011.
- EUROPE. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/22/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p10
The article presents news briefs concerning the petrochemical industry in Europe as of May 2006. The European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) is establishing its own for-profit service, ReachCentrum, to help member companies and non-affiliated firms prepare for and comply with the new European...
- The impact of global feedstock developments on the petrochemical industry: What Europe can do to remain competitive. // Chemical Week;9/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 24, pS34
An interview with Hubert Mandery, director general at the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC), is presented. He believes that Europe has a competitive advantage in petrochemicals. He talks about his outlook for the shale gas revolution developing in North America. He cites the actions...
- Shell Chemicals Boosts Competitiveness; Aims for $800 MM in Capital Investments. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;6/25/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 26, p1
Reports that Shell Chemicals is boosting competitiveness by cutting costs in its core petrochemicals business and bringing on low-cost world-scale capacity. Budget of the company for its capital expenditures in 2001; Completion of Shell's divestment program in March 2001; Focus of the company...
- Shell expands in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Bains, Elizabeth // ICIS Chemical Business;6/11/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 70, p56
The article reports on the plan of Shell Chemicals to expand in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. It states that the capacity of the plant will increase from 155,000 tons/year to 255, 000 tons/year as a result. According to the company, China is expected to account for 25% of global...
- Basell to Join Shell's Singapore Project. // Chemical Week;10/31/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 40, p17
Reports the plans of Basell to participate in the petrochemical project of Shell Chemicals in Pulau Bukom, Singapore. Other companies involved in the project.
- 'VW impact' on chems. Victory, Mark; James, Cuckoo; Lopez, Jonathan; Baumgarten, Stefan // ICIS Chemical Business;10/19/2015, Issue 3682, p18
The article discusses the potential global impact and implications of the diesel emissions scandal involving automotive company Volkswagen (VW) to auto and fuel trends and to the petrochemical industry. Topics covered include how the scandal damaged VW's reputation, the scandal's impact on the...