- Odfjell prepares for cargo growth. Odriscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;11/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2123, p16
Reports on the plan of Odfjell to purchase product/chemical tankers at the Sevmash shipyard in Russia. Features of the tankers; Reasons behind the plan of Odjfell; Factors that contributed to the increase in the third-quarter operating profit of Odfjell.
- LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION. Whitfield, Mark // European Chemical News;5/31/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2102, p15
Presents news briefs on logistics and distribution in Europe as of May 2004. Information on a truck carrying ammonia that exploded in Milhailesti, Romania; Expansion of chemical tanker fleet of Odfjell with five vessels.
- Shipping Megamerger Makes Tidal Waves. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/14/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 23, p37
Focuses on the merger between Odjfell and Seachem Tankers company. Implication of the merger; Value of the merger; Benefits of the merger.
- High steel price hikes fleet cost. O'Driscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2116, p19
Focuses on the impact of material costs on the price of chemical tankers commissioned by Odfjell from Stocznia Szczecinska Nowa. Increase in the cost of the series due to the high cost of stainless steel; Amount of purchased vessels; Number of acquired ships from Stocznia Szczecinska Nowa.
- Somali Pirates Release Chemical Tanker. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/24/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 36, p15
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe and the Middle East. Somali pirates released a chemical tanker and its 22-member crew after the pirates received a $1.1-million ransom. Odfjell has announced that all of its owned, managed, and time chartered ships that normally...
- Odfjell, Oiltanking Form Singapore Storage JV. // Chemical Week;2/28/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Odfjell and Oiltanking has agreed to build a chemical storage in Singapore. Details of the joint venture project.
- Logistics Watch. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;10/31/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2169, p14
Presents news briefs on distribution and logistics in the chemical industry as of October 2005. Move of Belgium's Proviron Fine Chemicals to seal a distribution deal with Air Products' sodium vinyl sulphonate; Decision of Odfjell to sell two chemical parcel tankers to Greek interests as part of...
- Surge in chemical shipments drives tank truck sales and profits. Morris, Gregory D.L. // Chemical Week;6/21/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 24, p48
Reports on developments in chemical carriers. Improvement in bulk traffic; Percentage revenue growth; Strategies.
- Consolidation and recovery in logistics sector. Corkhill, Mike // Chemical Week;6/27/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 25, p37
Explores the recovery measures taken by shipowners in the chemical tanker trades. Factor that helps boost the chemical ship sector; Comparison of sailed-in index of Stolt-Nielsen SA for its deep-sea fleet in the first quarters of 2000 and 2001; Effect of the sinking of the product tanker Erika...