- US seeks Champ to beat Reach. Kamalick, Joe // ICIS Chemical Business;3/31/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 13, p14
The article informs that the officials of the U.S. chemical industry are giving urgent support to a chemical assessment and management program (Champ) in an effort to beat back what they fear could be the global advance of the European Union's (EU) Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of...
- AFRICA'S RELATIONS WITH THE WEST. Figueiredo, Antonio de // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p24
Discusses the first joint summit meeting to be held by the African Union and European Union scheduled to take place in Lisbon, Portugal as of April 3, 2003 depicting the relations of Africa with the Western countries. Impact of political conditions in Europe over the summit; Reasons behind...
- No Easy Answers. Vitunic, Brian // Transitions Online;10/21/2002, pN.PAG
Presents information on several issues discussed at the European Union (EU)-Russia summit in Copenhagen, Denmark on November 11, 2002. Status of the plan to include the Kaliningrad region in the EU; Details on the strategic significance of the region; Possible effect of integrating the region...
- Nice try in Europe. // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 14, p8
Editorial. Discusses the limited progress at a meeting of the European Union in Nice, France, and compares the progress to that made in the 2000 United States presidential election.
- MACEDONIAN DELEGATION ATTENDS WESTERN BALKANS CONFERENCE IN BERLIN. // Macedonian Diplomatic Bulletin;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 86, p3
The article offers information on the Germany- European Union (EU)-Western Balkans Summit held in Berlin, Germany on August 28, 2014 which was attended by delegates from countries including Republic of Macedonia, the Republic of Albania, the Republic of Serbia.
- Turkey, EU to talk over migrants, accession process. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;11/30/2015, p1
The article focuses on a summit meeting between European Union and Turkey on November 29, 2015 to discuss the country's ongoing candidacy process.
- 'LISBON AGENDA'. // Europe: A Concise Encyclopedia;2004, p146
Information on the Lisbon agenda is presented. The agenda, agreed at a summit in 2000, promised radical reform to turn the European Union (EU) into the world's leading knowledge-based economy by 2010. The EU disappointed would-be reformers by lagging behind the U.S. and Asia and holding its...
- EU Leaders Back High-Tech Response to Food Crisis. O'Donnell, Peter // BioWorld International;6/25/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p3
The article reports that European Union (EU) leaders have concluded a summit meeting in Brussels, Belgium on June 20, 2008 with a statement supporting the exploration of technology to solve the emerging food crisis. They also agreed on the importance of ensuring the sustainability of bio-fuel...
- Close-But Challenging-Sino-European Research Collaboration. Blau, John // Research Technology Management;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p4
The article presents the author's perspective that a science and technology research agreement between the European Union (E.U.) and China provides both opportunities and challenges. The article gives information about the Innovation Cooperation Dialogue signed in 2012 at the 15th European...