- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;2/24/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p29
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry on February 24, 1999. Status of January styrene contracts; Price of polyvinyl chloride for February in northern Europe; Details on the decline in prices of polystyrene in February.
- Chemical demand up. Vasnetsov, Sergey // Asian Chemical News;11/10/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 423, p11
Assesses the status of the chemical industry in the U.S. as of October 2003. Trends which my imply a possible increase in ethylene prices; Forecast on styrene demand in the country; Measures taken by manufacturers to prevent price erosion of polyvinyl chloride.
- Is Sars just a handy excuse? Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 401, p9
Reports on the impact of severe acute respiratory syndrome crisis on the demand in the petrochemical industry in Asia. Styrene imports of China in the first two months of 2003; Indication of phosphatidyl serine price reductions as of May 2003; Possible recovery of domestic polyvinyl chloride...
- Stepan to Buy Bayer Polyester Resins Business. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug2013, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p12
The article highlights the plan of chemical solutions company Stepan Co. to acquire the North American Polyester Resins business of high-performance materials provider Bayer MaterialScience.
- Investment opportunity. MILMO, SEAN // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p32
The article reports that European chemical sites are attracting towards the new investment opportunities of Europe. It states that European economy is dominated by the debt-ridden eurozene which is not hindering the construction of new plants or production expansions. It also mentions that Bayer...
- Bayer Considers MDI Plant in Europe. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;9/19/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 30, p8
The article unveils the plan of Bayer Material Science to build a 400,000-m.t./year methylene di-para-phenylene isocyanate (MDI) plant in Europe. The plant could be commissioned in 2012 if Bayer decides to go through with the project. Further debottlenecking measures at existing MDI plants in...
- PS, PVC prices move up a bit. Sherman, Lilli Manolis // Plastics Technology;Aug96, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p63
Reports on the slight increase of the prices of polystyrene and polyvinyl chloride in July 1996. Impact of the competitive market on the prices of the products; Suppliers' plan to implement the two cents/pound price increase.
- PS, PVC pricing stuck. // Chemical Week;11/13/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 44, p86
Reports on the failure of polystyrene and polyvinyl chloride producers in Europe to settle for a contract price for October 1996.
- Better News for the Other Commodities. // Chemical Week;6/2/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 21, p26
Focuses on the market of three commodity plastics in 1999. Polyethylene; Polyvinyl chloride; Polystyrene.