Samsung buys stake from BP for $70m
- Syngenta Extends China Manufacturing Facility. // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on Syngenta's opening of a technology center and construction of an additional agrochemical production plant at its facility in Jiangsu Province, China. The technology center was established to provide technical support for additional local production and global sources....
- NEW PROJECTS. Kovac, Matt; Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;10/2/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p36
The article presents updates related to the chemical industry. Ferro has broken ground at its site in Castellon, Spain on a new colours facility for the European tile market. Meanwhile, Songwon Industrial has announced plans to build a second phenolic and phosphate antioxidants plant to serve...
- Ferro electrolyte plant. // Chemical Week;11/29/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 21, p33
Reports that Ferro Corp. division Grant Chemical has completed the construction of a lithium hexafluorophosphate plant to provide solvent and solution blends based on customer specifications.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;11/29/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2126, p12
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of November 29, 2004. Plans of Ferro's fine chemicals division to raise the price of its specialty solvents; Price increase imposed by Degussa on all grades of hydrogen peroxide in eastern and western Europe; Expansion of the media...
- Ferro Moves Forward With Geographic and Product Expansion. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/11/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 24, p26
Discusses the effort of specialty chemical producer Ferro Corporation to build its geographic and product reach. Details on the company's portfolio management; Expansion plans of the company; Acquisitions completed by the company since 1999.
- Ferro expansion adds capacity around the globe. Esposito, Frank // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p35
Focuses on Cleveland, Ohio-based Ferro Corp.'s plan to add capacity for its Gapex-brand glass-filled polypropylene compounds plant in Evansville, Indiana. Establishment of a plant in Indonesia; Goal of continuing the growth of its plastics unit; Enhancement of capacity at its polymer additives...
- Syngenta Seeks to Leverage Chemistry And Biotech Beyond Crop Protection. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;3/3/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the plan of Syngenta AG to expand the use of chemicals and biotechnology into areas of the food chain. Products and initiatives in the seeds and biotechnology sectors; Center of a growing system for farmers; Establishment of a joint venture, named New Product Network.
- specialties. // Chemical Week;10/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 33, p48
The article reports on issues and events related to specialty chemical industry in the U.S. as of October 2006. Ferro Corp. plans to build a new plant in Castellon, Spain for the manufacture of colors for ceramic tile. D.B. Becker Co. has been appointed as exclusive sales representative for the...
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;7/16/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 19, p4
The article presents chemical industry news briefs as of July 16, 2012. Topics include an agreement for industrial gases company Air Products to provide gas products to a Samsung semiconductor factory in China, the expansion of lithium plant in Kings Mountain, North Carolina by Rockwood...