OMG to buy Rockwood electronics units
- OMG to Acquire Coating Additives Firm from Lanxess. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;9/5/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 29, p16
The article presents updates on mergers and acquisitions in the chemical industry. Several suppliers to the paint industry announced deals in August 2007 including OM Group, which agreed to purchase specialty coating additives supplier Botchers from Lanxess. Sherwin-Williams (SW) plans to...
- Specialties In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/05/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 17, p22
Presents news briefs on the specialties chemical industry as of November 5, 2001. Additional production line opened by Bayer Plastics at its Berlin, Connecticut plant; Benefits of the acquisition of Degussa Metals Catalysts Cerdec for OM Group Inc.
- OM Group, Ferro Agree to Carve Up dmc[sup2]. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/2/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 18, p11
Reports on the agreement between OM Group and Ferro to split the acquisition of the dmc[sup 2] company. Decision to give the automotive catalysts and fuel cells operations to OM Group; Responsibility of Ferro in managing the electronic materials and ceramics operation; Plan to diversify the...
- BUSINESS Global roundup. // European Chemical News;6/6/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2150, p10
Presents news briefs concerning the chemical industry as of June 2005. Completion of sale of Cyro Industries to Degussa Specialty Polymers; Acquisition of syngas catalyst business of Nanjing Chemical Industry by Engelhard; Appointment of Joseph Scaminace as the president and chief executive of...
- OM GROUP Proving Its Mettle. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p17
Provides information on the OM Group, a specialty chemical company in Cleveland, Ohio. Earnings of the company in 2001; Types of chemicals manufactured by the company; Acquisitions made by the company.
- LSE Doubts OM. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;10/09/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the efforts of the London Stock Exchange (LSE) to stop the hostile takeover bid of OM Group in London, England. Doubts over the quality of OM trading systems; Comparison of the trading volume between LSE and OM; Flaws in the shares offered to exchange shareholders; Failure of OM to...
- OMG TO ACQUIRE BATTERY MAKER EAGLEPICHER TECHNOLOGIES. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/4/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on an agreement signed by OM Group to purchase EaglePicher Technologies for 172 million U.S. dollars.
- KMG Chemicals Buys OM Group Chemicals Unit for $60M. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/6/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p5
The article reports that the ultra-pure chemicals subsidiaries of OM Group is being acquired by KMG Chemicals Inc. for about 60 million dollars in cash with the group including four facilities in Europe, two in Asia, and one in North America.
- DEAL OF THE MONTH. // Smart Business Cleveland;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of EaglePicher Technologies LLC by OM Group Inc.