- Modest correction orâ€¦? // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2006, Issue 81, p83
The article focuses on the comments of Rodrigo de Rato of the International Monetary Fund that the 11 percent sell-off of the Australian stock market was a fairly modest correction of previous increases in asset prices. According to him, there was evidence of heightened risk aversion, as...
- The promise and the peril. Preece, Howard // Finweek;6/29/2006, p53
The article reflects on the author's view about the recovery of the global economic system and how it affects South Africa. According to a consensus poll, the international economy is on course for a soft landing. Rodrigo de Rato, International Monetary Fund MD, says that moments when the...
- RISK SUMMARY: CHILE. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p5
Presents information on the risk profile of Chile as of July 2005. Decision of a Santiago appeals court to remove the immunity of former President Augustin Pinochet from prosecution; Expectations of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for the economic growth of the country according to IMF...
- Bangladesh: IMF Loan To Support Long-Term Investment. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/3/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p9
The article focuses on the 1 billion-U.S. dollar loan granted by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to Bangladesh through the Extended Credit Facility on a three-year program.
- IMF Says It Is Considering Standby Credit for Brazil, With Bank Participation. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;10/9/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 194, p20
Reports that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is considering a standby credit facility for Brazil, whereby the United States and foreign commercial banks would be asked to participate. Estimated amount of money which Brazil would need to meet its foreign currency obligations; Importance of...
- Latvia. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p24
Reports that the International Monetary Fund has approved a stand-by credit for the Republic of Latvia to support the government's economic program.
- Moldova. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p24
Reports that the International Monetary Fund has approved a three-year credit for the Republic of Moldova in support of the government's economic program for the period 1996-1998.
- Ukraine. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p24
Reports that the International Monetary Fund has approved a nine-month stand-by credit for Ukraine to support its 1996 economic reform program.
- Eurocrat says Rock panic was due to gold-plating. McMillan, Paul // Money Marketing;11/1/2007, p7
The article reports on the statement made by European commissioner Charlie McCreevy which states that he would review the gold-plated rules of the regulatory authorities in Great Britain. According to the article, McCreevy stated that the regulations should be reexamined, and that the rules that...