- Magnesium makes car seats lighter. Bak, David J.; Kochan, Anna; Nairn, Geoff // Design News;9/25/95, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p82
Features a developed magnesium seat frame for automobiles. Three main components, namely, seat back, sliding base, and fixed support; Seat weight reduction; High strength/weight ratio and excellent castability of magnesium alloy.
- Textron seat adjusts to driver's size, shape. // Automotive News;9/15/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5731, p20Q
Reports that Textron Automotive Co. has introduced a car seat that automatically adjusts to a driver's weight and contour. Microprocessor under the seat, which inflates small airbags that adjust with the movement of the driver; Cadillac offering the seats as an option in the 1998 Seville STS;...
- By measuring motorists, firm helps provide comfy ride. Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;1/29/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5643, p24
Reports on Lear Seating Corp.'s research efforts to develop more comfortable car seats using the metrecom. Lear's findings; Efforts to evaluate integrated child safety seats; Other equipment used by the company to test its seats.
- In the catcher's mitt. McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Feb96, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p34
Reports that a new seating systems developed by General Motor's Delphi division was designed to protect passengers from rear impacts. Design based on research; What a key element of research found.
- Technology. // Chemical Week;4/12/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 14, p40
Reports on developments in the chemical industry as of April 12, 1995. Includes Catalytica's signing of a deal with Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo covering the manufacturing and marketing of gas turbine catalytic combustion reactors that the companies are jointly developing; Researchers at the USDA...
- Save Now, Pay Later. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;12/19/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 46, p3
Introduces an article about issues regarding the lack of innovations within the specialty chemicals industry in the United States, published in the December 19, 2001 issue of 'Chemical Week.'
- Technology. // Chemical Week;10/20/93, Vol. 153 Issue 14, p52
Reports on the technological developments in the chemical industry. Identification by AlliedSignal of hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) replacements; Bayer's choice of HFC; British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association's (BCDTA) Responsible Care program; More.
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;3/2/94, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p19
Reports on developments in the chemical industry involving technology. Settlement of patent dispute by Calgene, Zeneca and Campbell Soup; Synthesis of nylon using soybean oil; Copromotion of prescription drugs by Sandoz Pharmaceuticals and Marion Merrell Dow; Development of process for making...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;3/23/94, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p56
Reports on technological developments in the chemical industry as of March 23, 1994. Mitsui Toatsu Chemicals' research on making polylactic acid through direct condensation polymerization of lactic acid; Use of supercritical fluids as solvents in phase-transfer catalytic reactions; Estimates of...