Innovation hasto be unequal
- What's on at this year's conference. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/12/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 13, Special section p13
Information is given about the annual meeting of APLA (AsociaciÃ³n PetroquÃmica y QuÃmica Latinoamericana) that is being held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from November 10 to November 23, 2012.
- Strategies for riding the petrochemical boom. Morris, Gregory DL; Coeyman, Marjorie // Chemical Week;3/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p43
Focuses on strategies to take advantage of the growth of the petrochemical industry. Emphasis on good correlation between real demand growth and gross national product (GNP) to make expansion worthwhile; Farsightedness and restriction in the American styrene position; Pitfalls to avoid;...
- Intrinsic Safety Explosion-Proof System. Xu Dan; Huailin Zhao; Wang Lin; Zhou Ting // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 644-650, p4945
The paper introduces the structure and basic theory of the intrinsic safety explosion-proof, the parameters of each part and the principles of selection. Emphasizes the features, work theory and earthing of the isolated barrier, which is used in intrinsic safety explosion-proof industry process...
- meetings. // Chemical Week;1/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p40
The article presents a calendar of events in the chemical industry from January to April 2007. It includes the Transportation and Distribution Conference of Chemical Week, the Soap and Detergent Association's 81st Annual Meeting and Industry Convention, the American Institute of Chemical...
- Meetings. // Chemical Week;8/24/2002-9/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 34, p55
A calendar of events related to the chemical industry for the autumn of 2002 is presented. The NPRA Environmental Conference will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana, from September 8-10. The American Institute of Chemical Engineers' Annual Safety in Ammonia Plants Conference will be held in San...
- meetings. // Chemical Week;1/26/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p40
Presents the schedule of conferences for the chemical industry from February 8 through June 16, 2005. Toxics Release Inventory 2005 of the Environmental Council of the States; 28th Annual Meeting of the Adhesion Society; 16th Annual Conference on Flame Retardancy of Business Communications Co.
- Rebound restores confidence. BAKER, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;10/3/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 10, Special section p4
The article focuses on the comments of Tom Crotty, president of the European Petrochemical Association (EPCA), on developments and outlook for the petrochemical industry. Crotty notes that the recovery has been fast and steady. He also adds that he doesn't foresee a looming disaster, and the...
- ... Talent and technology will drive industry innovation. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/15/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 26, p12
The article discusses the opening presentation of the 2012 annual meeting of the European Petrochemical Association (EPCA), focusing on the comments of the EPCA president Tom Crotty regarding economic conditions in Europe and technological innovation.
- IMPROVING EXPLOSION SAFETY OF THE TECHNICAL TEREPHTHALIC ACID (TPA) PRODUCTION. Abdrakhimov, Yu. R; Zakirova, Z. A.; Krutovsky, D. I. // Oil & Gas Business;2012, Issue 6, following p502
The analysis of the explosive production of technical terephthalic acid (TPA) by JSC "POLYEF" in the Republic of Bashkortostan. Found a "weak link" of the reporting process, which is the site of the initial preparation of the reaction mixture. A number of measures to improve safety explosion of...