BASF unveils new units in Freeport, Texas, US
- BASF PTM EG Plantin Shanghai Comes on Stream. // China Chemical Reporter;4/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the start of the operations of the tetrahydrofuran (THF) and polytetramethylene ether glycol integrated production line by BASF Corp. at Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park in Shanghai, China. Industrial capacity of the production line; Proprietary technology for THF production being...
- News projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;3/3/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 8, p23
Presents an update on chemical companies in March 1999. Details on the three major petrochemical projects in Iran; Plans of Victrex company to build a second polyether ether ketone plant; Expansion of Basf company's capacity for chloroformates.
- BASF Furthers Its Presence in China. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/29/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the plan of BASF to build an integrated production facility in the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Caojing, Shanghai, China in 2002. Chemicals to be produced at the site; Annual capacity of the plant; Effort of the company to finance its polytetrahydrofuran and tetrahydrofuran...
- Textile chemicals will suffer through Reach. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p35
The article reports on the conclusion of a report analysing the impact of the European Commission's Reach chemicals policy on the textile supply chain. The report showed that a high proportion of critical low volume speciality chemical substances are vulnerable to withdrawal from the market. Of...
- BASF mulls South American acrylics, petchems. // Chemical Week;11/5/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 42, p5
Details the acrylates project plan of Badische Anilin und Soda Fabrik (BASF) company in Brazil. Purpose of BASF in producing acrylic monomer; Other development construction of BASF.
- BASF Acquires a Stake in Hanwha and Expands PU Capacity in South Korea. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;11/27/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 22, p24
Presents updates on the chemical industry in the Asia-Pacific Area as of November 27, 2000. Acquisition of Hanwa Chemical Corp. by BASF; Construction of a bisphenol-A plant in Jiangsu, China.
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;2/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p15
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry as of March 2, 2005. Amount allocated by the Korean government to support projects aimed at reducing greenhouse-gas emissions; Involvement of Korea in the Kyoto Protocol; Size of the engineering plastics compounding plant to be built by BASF...
- ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS. Nuttal, Keith; Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;10/2/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p44
The article reports that the European Union (EU) Council of Ministers have offered no opinion on European Commission proposals to authorize six plant protection products, paving the way for their regulated use in the EU. Under the relevant control directive 91/414/EEC, ministers had three months...
- News projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;4/21/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 15, p23
Presents information on several projects in the chemical industry. Terms of the plan of BASF for conducting engineering and market studies that could lead to the expansion of its Antwerp steam cracker; Information on the bidding filed to build Q-Chem's petrochemical complex in Mesaieed, Qatar;...