- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;1/31/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p4
This section offers news briefs concerning the chemical industry as of January 2011. International Specialty Products (ISP) will increase the prices of all of its products worldwide by 10% effective February 1, 2011. An 8% increase in sales was posted by Dow Corning in the fourth quarter of...
- EUSA Gains Commercial Status with $22M Cytogen Purchase. Hollingsworth, Catherine // BioWorld Today;3/12/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on EUSA Pharma Inc.'s pending acquisition of Cytogen Corp. Adrian Haigh, EUSA vice president of global marketing, calls the deal a strategic acquisition, saying that it will make the company more attractive to a potential partner in the oncology space. EUSA currently has six...
- Always looking for trouble. // Management Review;Oct81, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p29
Describes the work and responsibilities of product stewardship managers in U.S. company Dow Corning Co. Concept of product stewardship in chemical firms; Managers' focus on the safety and efficacy of a product from its conception to its ultimate disposal; Appointment of 20 product stewards...
- Innovating innovation. Corning, Dow // ICIS Chemical Business;10/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 39, Special Section p3
The article presents an interview with Gregg Zank, chief technology officer and executive director of science and technology at Dow Corning. In his comment on innovation, he said that there is a lot of theory about open and disruptive innovation, but innovation is different for each company and...
- Dow Corning changes organization. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/13/98, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the changes implemented by Dow Corning Corp. in the personal household and automotive care unit of the company's chemicals business. Purpose of the move; Plans to eliminate overlaps in the unit's marketing and technical support.
- SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION. Zank, Gregg // ICIS Chemical Business;4/18/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 14, p29
The article focuses on the comments of Dow Corning Corp., on the need for innovation in the chemical industry.
- Dow Corning Starts Production at Organofunctional Silanes Plant. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;10/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 39, p12
Reports that Dow Corning Corp. has started production at organofunctional silanes unit at Midland, Michigan. Company's total investment in the unit; Company's global market share; What the Midland plant will mainly produce.
- ISP Ends Phase Two of Restructuring, Moving R&D Closer to Customers. Grenner, Lawrence J. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/16/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 16, p26
Reports that International Specialty Products Inc. has brought its entire marketing, research and development and product development under a single umbrella. Role of the group; Segments of the firm's products; Company's means of achieving goals.
- ISP opens customer service center. // Global Cosmetic Industry;Sep99, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the International Specialty Products' (ISP) restructuring of its European operations to increase efficiency and maintain pace with the globalization of the specialty chemicals business. Development of single customer service center.